Weekend

Foodblog (1 of 8)

^^Morning snugglefest!! 

Mazen and I shared lots of love on Mother’s Day weekend! We started with The Land Before Time movie. I couldn’t take it when the mom died. We held hands while we watched though, so that was nice :)

Foodblog (3 of 8)

And then on Friday night I watched the movie Room. I read the book a few years ago (I think when I was pregnant?) and just recently found out there was a movie too. HEART-WRENCHING story!! There are many themes, but I think the biggest is the bond between mother and child, so it was a good one to watch this weekend.

M and I played lots of Lego:

Foodblog (2 of 8)

Which most often meant that I was putting things back together when he broke them apart! A true test of mom’s brain power 😉

Foodblog (8 of 8)

I made these panko tofu sticks for dinner on Friday – recipe to come!!!

Foodblog (8 of 10)

I thought they were fabulous, and he thought they were so-so. I was just happy that he tried them!

Foodblog (5 of 8)

On Saturday morning I went to athletic conditioning and did a bunch of chores around the house. Plus, I spent a few hours working in the afternoon. A glass of wine made that extra nice!

Foodblog (3 of 12)

On Sunday morning we had our soccer playoffs at 9am, so I was up early, drinking coffee and eating toast before heading to the field. We won 8-1 (our biggest win of the season!) and I scored a goal too. Exciting stuff!

Foodblog (2 of 12)

I ate a huge quesadilla to refuel before my afternoon women’s game.

Foodblog (4 of 12)

My women’s game was a tie (4:4) but I scored TWO goals in that one! Three goals in one day is definitely my all-time record!!

I went straight from the game downtown to meet up with my main squeeze!!

Foodblog (6 of 12)

We were at Skybar for a Mother’s Day event and had some yummy Caribbean food and wine with other families.

Foodblog (10 of 12)

Foodblog (5 of 12)

M surprised me by requesting two pieces of kale!!!!

Foodblog (11 of 12)

And he loved smashing the balloons!

Foodblog (12 of 12)

I love him!!

Foodblog (9 of 12)

I hope you all had wonderful weekends too!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/1VQnAy0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049