Sesame Soy Tofu Salad

I’ve made a version of this salad a few times lately, and it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite lunches!

Foodblog (4 of 5)

First, tofu. It’s such a great staple to have on hand because it lasts in the fridge, doesn’t require a raw meat-only cutting board, and can be eaten raw, so it’s easy to work with. Plus, I just love the texture and flavor of it!

Second, greens from my garden. So sweet and easy to acquire at this time of year!

And third, sesame and soy, the Asian power combo! Both are strong flavors that don’t disappear into food.

Foodblog (1 of 5)

To make the tofu I press out as much liquid as I can with a few clean towels, and then slice it into bite-size rectangles.  I always buy extra-firm tofu to make this as easy as possible. The tofu pieces go into a pan, and I glug sesame and soy over them. There’s no need to measure – just make sure the tofu goes from white to brown, which will indicate that the flavors are all there. Allow the mixture to cook over medium heat until the sides of the tofu begin to crisp, and then flip – using tongs to get as many sides crispy as you have patience for.

Foodblog (2 of 5)

To finish off the salad, I added pre-cooked broccoli, cashews for crunch, raisins for a hint of sweetness, and drizzles of sesame oil and honey to bring it all together. No separate dressing necessary, (unless of course you want to make one).

Foodblog (3 of 5)

There ya have it – a nice little vegetarian lunch for you, ready in less than 10 minutes!

Sesame Soy Tofu Salad



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/1UxuIOh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049