Summer In The City

Foodblog (1 of 33)

Last week I spent five days in New York City. I spent the first few days with Quaker and the second part just having fun! Here’s a recap of my time with the Quaker team. Check back tomorrow for part II!

I’m working with Quaker again this year as part of The Oat Authority, and they asked me to come with them to New York to meet with editors of major women’s magazines about the growing overnight oats trend. I was happy to come talk overnight oats for a day and a half!

I took the train up on Tuesday and was greeted by a bright blue city skyline.

Foodblog (4 of 33)

I stayed at the Eventi Hotel, and it was lovely!! I love Kimpton Hotels and have visited in them in San Francisco and Washington as well!

Foodblog (6 of 33) Foodblog (7 of 33) Foodblog (8 of 33)

No view to see here. No view at all 😉

Foodblog (5 of 33)

After arriving, a workout and a shower, I put on a dress and headed out to meet the Quaker team!

Foodblog (9 of 33)

We met for dinner at Beauty and Essex. The restaurant looks like a simple pawn shop from the front, but once you’re inside it features big chandeliers and a dark, cozy atmosphere.

Foodblog (10 of 33)

We feasted on fancy bourbon cocktails,

Foodblog (11 of 33)

Peach ricotta toasts, burrata cheese and pepper crostini,

Foodblog (12 of 33)

Grilled cheese and tomato soup bites, shishito peppers, lobster salad,

Foodblog (13 of 33)

and these amazing scallops!

Foodblog (15 of 33)

For breakfast the next day I grabbed berries, granola, an egg and yogurt from the hotel buffet (which was really nice and inexpensive!)

Foodblog (16 of 33)

For the desk-side interviews, we met with editors from a lot of the major food and women’s magazines: Martha Stewart Living, Family Circle, Rachael Ray Every Day, Parents, and Shape. We talked to them about the growing trend in searches for overnight oats – Google Trends reported that in 2016, people are searching for overnight oat recipe inspiration twice as often as they were a year ago (which is a 40 to 50% increase).

Foodblog (18 of 33)

I then talked about my love for overnight oats, the dish’s nutritional power, and then presented a demo of my go-to overnight oats recipe and the banana split I made last year.

Foodblog (19 of 33)

Then we had this epic toppings bar where editors could create their own breakfast jars to take home.

Foodblog (17 of 33)

We changed locations twice, going to Women’s Health and HelloGiggles. We had amazing caterers from Scoozi Events who helped us to keep the overnight oats in stock and all the toppings replenished. I did my demo maybe 15 times throughout the day, so we had to keep restocking! (Shoutout to Sean!!)

Foodblog (22 of 33)

During our lunch break we ate at Dig Inn, and boy was this combination of sockeye salmon, kale and sweet potato delicious!

Foodblog (20 of 33)

I was ready for a power nap at the end of the day! After a quick one I met the team for dinner at Hundred Acres.

Foodblog (30 of 33)

We shared the following:

Foodblog (24 of 33) Strawberry toast and Arancini Kale salad and Tabbouleh Wraps Squid Ink Pasta with Seafood Seabass with chimichurri sauce Lemon ice cream sandwiches on brioche

I went to bed as early as I could because we had another 6:00 a.m. wake-up.

Foodblog (31 of 33)

The next morning, we were in the Hearst Tower presenting to editors at Food Network Magazine and Good Housekeeping. 

Foodblog (32 of 33)

This was such a fun experience!! Thanks to Quaker and the Zeno Group team for hosting me!

Foodblog (33 of 33)



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/28IOCXN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049