Who doesn’t enjoy a nice mid-week soirée? On Tuesday night I hosted a little patio party for a handful of friends. I spruced up the outdoor furniture, put tablecloths on the tables, and put candles out.
And of course, put drinks on ice!
Since the party started after dinner hour, I put out some nibbles for anyone who was in a snacking mood. Cheese, crackers, chips, and these smoked salmon sliders.
These little guys couldn’t be easier to make. There’s no cooking – just a wee bit of assembly.
Begin by softening your goat cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds – just enough to soften it to spreadable consistency. Do not over nuke! Slice the cucumber and chop up the dill.
For each slider, spread goat cheese on the top and sprinkle with capers and dill.
On the bottom, layer salmon and cucumber slices.
Repeat for all 12 rolls, and have yourself a party!
Smoked Salmon Sliders
Ingredients (12 sliders)
- 10 ounces smoked wild salmon
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/4 English cucumber, sliced thinly (about 24 slices)
- 2 heaping tbsp capers
- A few sprigs fresh dill, chopped
- 12 potato rolls
- Soften goat cheese in microwave in a bowl for about 30 seconds on high, until spreadable.
- Spread goat cheese on the top of a roll. Top with dill and capers. Cover bottom half of the roll with smoked salmon and two to three slices of cucumber.
- Repeat for remaining rolls (being mindful of ingredient amounts so you don’t run out!).
from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/29k7iYo