The Very Best Sardine Salad

Foodblog (10 of 11)

Oatmeal. Kale chips. Sardines. Those are my foods! Today I’m sharing with you a sardine salad that I made for lunch this week that was just above-and-beyond the best tasting one I’ve ever made. I can’t quite put my finger on what made it so good, but I think I just added everything in the right proportions. Here’s how I made it!

Foodblog (1 of 11)

Chop up your veggies finely.

Foodblog (2 of 11)

Then, add the drained sardines to a mixing bowl.

Foodblog (3 of 11)

And mash them well! Don’t look.

Foodblog (4 of 11)

Add the mayo, mustard, and seasonings, and mix around. I think the two tablespoons of mayo plus the Honeycup mustard is part of the key to perfecting the flavor of this recipe.

Foodblog (5 of 11)

Add the veggies and pimento peppers and mix well.

Foodblog (6 of 11)

Scoop up with Red, Hot, Blues, crackers, raw veggies, collard green wraps, a tortilla, or a fork!

Foodblog (8 of 11)Foodblog (11 of 11)

The Very Best Sardine Salad

6079087

Ingredients (Serves 2)

  • 1 can of lemon sardines (plain is fine), drained
  • 1/4 cucumber, chopped fine
  • 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped fine
  • 4 baby carrots or one small carrot, chopped fine
  • 2 level tbsp mayo
  • 1 heaping tsp sweet sharp mustard, such as Honeycup
  • 1 tbsp chopped pimento peppers
  • 1/4 smoked paprika
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions

  1. Add fish to a mixing bowl and mash.
  2. Top with mayo, mustard, and seasonings. Mix well.
  3. Add veggies and peppers and stir.
  4. Serve with chips, crackers, raw veggies or on top of a salad.
Powered by Recipage

the very best sardine salad

For more sardines info and to see them in person, check out my sardines post and video below!

 



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2ac1DWl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub