Research of the Week
Omega-6 fats hinder incorporation of omega-3s into red blood cells. Saturated fats augment it.
Performing “light physical activity” while working or studying increases productivity, mood, and focus.
Receiving real-time bite-count feedback throughout a meal reduces overall food intake.
Researchers just discovered a fatal flaw in fMRI software that invalidates almost every brain imaging study ever done.
Texting on your phone provokes a novel rhythm in your brain waves.
New (and Old) Primal Blueprint Podcasts
Episode 106: Bethany Hamilton — This episode from the archives features an inspiring discussing between host Elle Russ and surfing champion Bethany Hamilton. Despite loosing her arm to a 14-foot tiger shark at age 13, Bethany was back in the water a month after and took home her first national surfing title a little over a year later. Get yourself a daily dose of inspiration and give this episode a listen.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here so you never miss an episode.
- Why Fear May Be Blocking Your Primal Path? (and How to Overcome It)
- 10 Reasons You Should Be Eating More Monounsaturated Fat
Interesting Blog Posts
We’re all tired of hearing how much better the French are at eating, but these are some decent rules.
In physical culture, what’s old is new again.
This dog can sniff out antibiotic-resistant bacteria in hospitals.
Man punches bear (and wins).
The Vatican’s full of winos.
Before your next deadlift session, listen to the Icelandic soccer team’s Viking war chant.
The bears of Brook Falls, Alaska, are loving the salmon run. Watch them transport large amounts of EPA and DHA to their red blood cells on live video.
Stone-age shamans had elaborate funerals.
- Take that baby octopus home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a little mirin, some doenjang. Baby, you’ve got a Korean octopus stew going!
- The Greeks are best known for their lamb, but their pork tenderloin ain’t too shabby.
One year ago (Jul 10 – Jul 16)
- 5 Ways to Get the Most Bang for Your Workout Buck – How to be efficient.
- Take the 1000 Day Challenge – You’re about a third of the way through. How you doing?
Comment of the Week
“How about a combination of adventurous tasks? Spelunking while eating ghost pepper-marinated gizzards and yodeling? If that doesn’t bring forth new perspectival horizons, I don’t know what will.”
– Agreed. That is a legitimate example of adventure, Alex.
from Mark's Daily Apple http://ift.tt/29ZN6MZ