Blood Sugar Normalized and Plenty of Energy: If I Can Do This, Anyone Can

It’s Friday, everyone! And that means another Primal Blueprint Real Life Story from a Mark’s Daily Apple reader. If you have your own success story and would like to share it with me and the Mark’s Daily Apple community please contact me here. I’ll continue to publish these each Friday as long as they keep coming in. Thank you for reading!

real_life_stories_stories-1-2I have been an avid reader for about three years now.

I have struggled with my weight since I was about 13 years old. I suppose drinking six to twelve cokes a day didn’t help. My heaviest known weight was 240 pounds. Most big people don’t go looking for a scale. I know I was that big because that was when I was diagnosed as a Type II Diabetic. Of course, even that didn’t stop the coke habit because I was in denial. It took several more years of losing 30 pounds, and then finding it again, to get really serious. Even then, the path is never a straight line.

Three years ago July, I found an online nutrition coaching program—Precision Nutrition, a year long habit based program. At the same time, my wife told me that an ex-colleague of ours, who at 50 was in fantastic shape, was doing CrossFit and Paleo. I had never heard of either one. When I Googled Paleo I found Mark’s website.

Even doing the year long coaching program, I still wasn’t where I wanted to be with my health. While I did remove all processed foods, especially Coke, I still was about 190 pounds. I am 5’10”. I have done lots of reading and research. I learned about leptin from Dr. Jack Kruse. I started to understand how chronic inflammation due to insulin resistance was the root cause of my problems. I also found Dr. Jason Fung—a huge advocate of fasting. While I had lots of information, putting it into practice is always the hard part.

On February 7 of this year, I had elbow surgery for a repetitive motion injury from 25+ years of IT work. I knew that Naproxin wreaked havoc on my system, but post surgery you need something to get you through. Eight weeks ago I had a physical. My A1c was 6.6, which is high for me. I was up to 197 pounds and was not happy about it. I decided to do a n=1 experiment where I would utilize fasting and real food. I decided to have coffee in the morning and eat one meal a day for eight weeks. I am now down to 175. My blood glucose has normalized. I am in ketosis and feel great. I have plenty of energy to take on whatever sounds good.

rick

I move a lot at a slow pace. A year ago I got a Varidesk and ditched my chair. I have been standing while working for a year now. If I can do this—anyone can. I also signed up for the Primal Health Coach Program the first day it was available. I am proud top say I am number 93.

Thanks for everything you have done for me,

Rick

Like This Blog Post? Subscribe to the Mark's Daily Apple Newsletter and Get 10 eBooks and More Delivered to Your Inbox for FREE

Save



from Mark's Daily Apple http://ift.tt/2aOOzo7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049