Lately

Foodblog (3 of 4)

It’s hot. Is your freezer stocked with ice cream? I recently placed a new order with Wonderment (formally known as Sweet Sandies!) for more of Stephanie’s amazing custom flavors. My plan is to share these with friends because I do not need to be eating so many pints of ice cream! Hillary, Ellen, and I designed the S’mores flavor ourselves: toasted marshmallow ice cream with marshmallow swirls, dark chocolate, and graham cracker crumble. OMG.

Foodblog (1 of 4)

I also got my Buttercream Blast (birthday cake ice cream with sprinkles and chunks of buttercream frosting throughout).

And Cookie Dough! I hadn’t tried Stephanie’s version before, but….wow.

Luckily the produce at this time of year is top notch and salad season helps to balance out the ice cream intake 😉 So do evening soccer games!

Lately2

I’ve been making tons of smoothies lately – so many that my blender is actually on my countertop instead of hiding on the bottom shelf of my appliance storage piece. I kind of like it out though as it makes my kitchen seem a little more homey.

Foodblog (1 of 1)-2

Blueberries are so good right now! I made a fried egg for breakfast and served it with blueberries, and a small banana with almond butter.

Lately1

Pancakes remain Mazen’s favorite breakfast. He requests them all the time! I top mine with a little nut butter and coconut, while Mazen likes them classic-style with a drizzle of maple syrup.

Lately3

On the lunch salad front, I had leftover sardine salad over greens with cheddar cheese and Red Hot Blues.

Lately5

And, another day a mini quesadilla with a side salad with an heirloom tomato and almonds.

Lately4

Fried catfish with sautéed zucchini and corn. Perfect combo!

Lately10

My friend Emily had us over for dinner, and she served up the most delicious spread of pesto bowtie pasta, garlicky shrimp, parmesan cauliflower, broccoli, and lemon bars for dessert. This is what got Mazen eating shrimp!

Lately6

Lately8

Emily’s son lent us his transformer dinosaur, and it has been Mazen’s favorite toy of the last week! He eats Daniel Tiger for breakfast : )

Lately11



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2aYeWeY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049