3 Cleaning Products That Actually Work

Cleaning

It’s been a long time since I’ve written something for Home Neat Home. I’ll say though, that my home is probably neater and cleaner than ever. First and foremost because I have a bigger house and less stuff (“room to breathe” as I like to say) but also because time has allowed me to find products that work well. I think all three of these were recommended to me by some of you (why I love blogs so much!) so I wanted to do a post for those who might not have noticed a comment of mine buried deep in another topic.

Bar Keepers Friend Cookware Cleanser

This was recommended to me years ago, by one of you, to get the stains off of my pans. It will make anything stainless, aluminium or copper cookware shine like new. My kettle lives on the stove and was covered in splotchy brown oil spots. I really wish I had taken a before photo but it was the after that inspired this post idea! I had tried cleaning the kettle twice with a sponge and dish soap and remembered I had Bar Keepers Friend under the sink. Now that worked!!

Foodblog (1 of 1)-5

Bona Hardwood Spray Mop

I’ve been using Bona since I moved into this house, and it does the trick. You may recall I have written about hardwood floor cleaning several times before, and what works in one house hasn’t always worked in another. The Bona system makes the floors here look great. But the real reason I am sharing this is because I discovered that there is a Bona mop with the sprayer attached! I must have gotten a cheapie version the first time because I always had to use a hand sprayer and then put it down to mop. This combo version is so much more efficient. I also now have two pads so I can put one in the wash while using the other a few days later.

Foodblog (1 of 2)

Amodex Ink and Stain Remover

I asked a while back on social media how you guys get stains out of your kids’ clothes. Regular laundry detergent fades them, but the stains persist. One person swore by Amodex, and when someone swears by something I usually give it a try. Karen recently bought Mazen a pair of pinstripe pants to wear to a wedding this fall. I had him try them on and as usual he didn’t want to take them back off. Add in a ketchup-heavy dinner, and you can imagine where this story is going. I spoke to Karen that night and she casually said “Don’t let him ruin those pants.” Uh oh. I immediately washed them (and even sprayed on some OxiClean) and started to sweat when the stain was still visible. I then remembered the Amodex and applied that next, washed the pants again, and…..the stain was gone! Whew. Saved the day.

Foodblog (2 of 2)

Because I always learn about “swear by” products from you guys, please share the one cleaning product you can’t live without!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2cYp99j

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub