My All-Time Favorite Country Songs

Country

When I was younger I hated country music, until fifth grade when my dance recital included the song Angels Among Us by Alabama. Soon after, I started to like a few country songs and then the whole Shania Twain // Dixie Chicks era began, and I was obsessed. Brad Paisley, Tim McGraw, Kenny, Garth all spoke to me in ways that other music never had. I have always liked all kinds of music, and I have a really eclectic mix of all-time favorite songs, from broadway classics to Celine Dion to oldies to pop ballads to One Direction to classical. While I love to sing along and dance to many genres, I feel country music. I’ve been working on a “Country Favorites” list on Spotify this year that is 42 songs deep. But I wanted to share my very, very favorite songs. Interestingly, nearly all of them are love songs sung by twangy men!

  1. Almost Home // Craig Morgan
  2. Crazy Girl // Eli Young Band
  3. Let’s Make Love // Tim + Faith
  4. Don’t You Wanna Stay // Jason Aldean + Kelly Clarkson
  5. Carried Away // George Straight
  6. Small Town USA // Justin Moore
  7. Red Light // David Nail
  8. Good Directions // Billy Currington
  9. Get Your Shine On // Florida Georgia Line
  10. Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye // Luke Bryan
  11. The Truth // Jason Aldean

I’m dying to know 1) What your all-time favorite country song is, and 2) If you hate country, why? (And please don’t say “because it’s all pick-up trucks and drunks!”)

Foodblog (6 of 6)

Overnight oats for breakfast!! With pockets of banana, blackberries, and chia seeds. I used a Chobani coconut flavored yogurt as the base, and boy was that good!

Foodblog (5 of 6)

Lunch salad from Whole Foods. The kale caesar is my favorite base. Topped with a mix of veggies and tofu.

Foodblog (1 of 1)-3

I have been craving crunchy tacos for the first time in years! I almost always choose soft taco shells when I’m out, but crunchy tacos take me right back to high school when my mom would make taco bar for us once a week. The tacos below were stuffed with a little meat, sauteed veggies, and cheese. Guac on the side! (And yes, I charred the shells a bit in the toaster oven!)

Foodblog (1 of 6)

Have a great hump day guys!!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2cYXJ6Y

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049