Pumpernickel Salmon Red Pepper Sandwiches

Foodblog (6 of 8)

When I was little every Christmas Day, after the presents were all unwrapped, we drove from my grandmother’s house in Lakewood, New Jersey down to my other grandparents’ house in Towson, Maryland for Christmas dinner. For lunch we often stopped at a bagel shop that split the three-hour drive in half. And every single time I got a pumpernickel bagel with cream cheese. Both of my grandparents served excellent sandwich bars with delicious pumpernickel bread – it has always been a favorite of mine.

I still think that Great Harvest bread is the healthiest and freshest tasting bread around, but I have been having fun branching out a bit now that I don’t have unlimited loaves at my fingertips. Pitas, english muffins, pumpernickel!

Foodblog (1 of 8)

This sandwich is the bridge between two of my favorite dishes: smoked salmon and cream cheese bagels, and cream cheese smothered in red pepper jelly. I love the sweet-spicy combo! Red peppers and spinach add some healthy veggies to the mix.

Foodblog (7 of 8)

For this recipe I used a whipped cream cheese so I could slather it on thick!

Foodblog (2 of 8)

Nestle the red peppers into the cream cheese so they don’t fall out.

Foodblog (3 of 8)

Serves 2!

Foodblog (5 of 8)

 

Pumpernickel Salmon Red Pepper Sandwiches

6079706

Ingredients (2 sandwiches)

  • 4 slices pumpernickel bread
  • 4 tbsp whipped cream cheese
  • 2 tbsp red pepper jelly or chutney
  • 1/4 cup chopped red peppers
  • Handful baby spinach
  • 4 ounces smoked sockeye salmon

Instructions

Spread 2 tbsp cream cheese and 1 tbsp of red pepper jelly on the two sides of sandwich.

Press red peppers into cream cheese.

Layer salmon onto red pepper jelly.

Top with spinach and press together.

Powered by Recipage

Pumpernickel Salmon Pepper Sandwiches

Foodblog (8 of 8)



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2dtBSGn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049