Weekend

Foodblog (6 of 24)

‘Twas a good one!!

Foodblog (4 of 24)

Thursday night I went with a group of friends to see Ben Rector, one of my very favorite artists. Three of us upgraded to the VIP meet n greet package, which was soooo fun!

Before the show I had appetizers and a glass of vino at The Fitzroy.

Foodblog (2 of 24)

Side salad, cauliflower, oysters, pretzel.

Foodblog (3 of 24)

Our meet n greet included a private acoustic concert with Ben. He sang two of my favorites – Sailboat and Forever Like That. We also had the opportunity to ask him questions. His favorite Netflix show is Stranger Things!

Foodblog (5 of 24)

The best part of the meet n greet was snagging a front row spot!! The show was AMAZING, and totally exceeded expectations. I loved every.single.song. and shed a tear when it was over.

Foodblog (8 of 24)Foodblog (9 of 24)

Lynsie and I have seen Ben together three times now! She is 9 months pregnant, and had a cute shirt made for the occasion : )

Foodblog (7 of 24)

Friday morning I went to Afterburn (it’s so hard to get a spot in that class!), and then walked 6.3 miles the rest of the day, according to Apple Health. My legs were shot!

Friday night I went to the new Water Street restaurant!

Foodblog (11 of 24)

Formerly known as Tempo, the space is totally re-decorated and looked beautiful. Love those floors.

Foodblog (10 of 24)

I shared the octopus and fava bean salad and roasted hen of the wood mushrooms. Loved those mushrooms!

Foodblog (12 of 24)

Plus the lamb and spinach large plate dish. Melted in my mouth!

Foodblog (13 of 24)

Ice cream for dessert! I tried our new Kilwins, but didn’t think it was as good at Chaps or Splendora’s! This was S’mores flavor, and it was pretty tasty!

Foodblog (14 of 24)

We stopped by the Tom Tom festival to listen to music to conclude the night out on the town.

Foodblog (15 of 24)

Saturday morning: steamy coffee + reading!

Foodblog (16 of 24)

For breakfast I had pumpkin millet porridge, which was leftover from a Friday recipe shoot I am working on : )

Foodblog (17 of 24)

Mazen and I went to a birthday party on Saturday for lunch. The family has three boys, and had one huge party instead of three smaller ones. Such a fun idea! They went all out with a bouncy house and tons of delicious food and fun.

Foodblog (19 of 24)

I had a bunch of raw veggies, some cheese and crackers and a small piece of pizza for lunch.

Foodblog (18 of 24)

After the party Mazen and I went to Target for some shopping. Had to have these Oh Joy! forks!

Foodblog (20 of 24)

I happened to notice a nurse inviting people for flu shots and got one on our way out. It was perhaps the most pleasant flu shot experience I’ve had – no waiting, really nice pharmacist, over in 5 minutes. Too bad the shot still hurt!

Foodblog (1 of 24)

Saturday evening we went over to the Struckmann’s for dinner.

Foodblog (21 of 24)

I brought this wine from my wine club and loved it!

Foodblog (22 of 24)

We had BBQ chicken, pesto rice, and salad plus brownies for dessert.

Foodblog (23 of 24)

After those kiddos were asleep of course!

Foodblog (24 of 24)

Hope you guys had a lovely weekend too!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2dcBMNS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049