All.The.Soccer.

foodblog-1-of-1-2

Hi friends!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend. Mine was filled with lots of sunshine, soccer, and chili!! ‘Tis the season!

On Friday night I went to my friends’ house for a gathering, and I had this great vegan sweet potato chili. Plus cheese plate deliciousness and a few glasses of vino.

foodblog-2-of-3

Saturday morning after breakfast I took Mazen to soccer practice. But first: toast, banana, PB, coffee.

foodblog-1-of-3

This was the first practice I had the chance to go to (Matt, rain, rain, travel covered the first month) and I was SO EXCITED to see how it went!

foodblog-1-of-1-7

Coach B had a whistle and the kids did really cute little drills. Mazen did great and followed directions! I was so tempted to step in and practice a little myself. Lord knows I need some help with my touches and dribbling πŸ˜‰

foodblog-1-of-2

The kiddos scrimmaged with another team at the end of practice, and Mazen was not into that at all. He doesn’t really understand the concept of opponents yet and why the other kids don’t share the ball. It’s quite cute.

Soccer moms represent!! I also met two blog readers whose kids are on Mazen’s team – hi friends!

foodblog-2-of-2

After practice we went home to rest for a bit and then out to lunch at Whole Foods to pick pumpkins! I had hoped to take M to a real pumpkin patch, but for various reasons, this was our best option. He didn’t seem to mind, as we had fun strolling the rows and picking two out. He made ghost noises the whole time!

foodblog-3-of-3

Although don’t you find this sign a bit confusing?! Lol! Guess they are the same shape : )

foodblog-1-of-1-4

I got lunch at the hot bar – pecan catfish, green beans, okra, and the best sweet potato casserole.

foodblog-1-of-4

Saturday afternoon we played construction worker and M built this big pillow house in his bedroom.

foodblog-1-of-1-5

I dropped M off with Matt while I went to a make-up soccer game at 4:30 at the same field where I had gone for Mazen’s practice that morning. It was blustery and chilly, and really hard to tell the difference between the red team and the orange team with the setting sun in our eyes! No subs = 90 minutes of game time.

foodblog-1-of-1-3

Saturday evening after Mazey was asleep I made panko cod, roasted broccoli and rosemary red potatoes for dinner.

foodblog-2-of-3

Sunday morning I was up for more soccer. French toast, toddler style! I know it’s not the most polite, but it sure is easier to eat if you cut it all up at once first πŸ˜‰

foodblog-3-of-3

I had back-to-back games, although I only played the second half of the first one so I didn’t have to rush out the door.  It was a gorgeous day for soccer!! My team pulled off an epic win, and we think we have moved to the #1 spot in our division. A big deal since we hovered at the bottom for the longest time!

GO TEAM!

foodblog-1-of-1-8

I spent the rest of my Sunday on the couch with aching legs and stiff joints. Rest day today for sure!

Guess what thiiiiis isssss?!*

foodblog-1-of-2-2

Chili and cornbread (and, er, butter) at a friend’s house. One of my very favorite dinner combos!

foodblog-4-of-4

 

 

*If you guessed Pumking you were right!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2dCvU0a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049