Happy Rocktober

Foodblog (4 of 19)

The best month of the year is here! Wheeeeee!!

On Friday night Mazen and I went to the Nest Realty County Fair, which is a fun event for all clients of Nest. I used Karen Ball via Nest to buy-sell-buy my houses, and she’s the best!

Foodblog (3 of 19)

They had BBQ Exchange for over a thousand people.

Foodblog (1 of 19)

There was plenty of food, but a shortage of places to sit!

Foodblog (2 of 19)

On Saturday morning Mazen and I had chill time hanging out at home. E.T. in the closet!

Foodblog (6 of 19)

Big breakfast:

Foodblog (5 of 19)

I swear I have changed 100 lightbulbs in the past few weeks!

Foodblog (7 of 19)

We went to the gym for a short workout. I told Mazen I wouldn’t be long because I was just going to stretch my legs, and when I kissed him goodbye he said “Have fun stretching your legs!” <3

Foodblog (8 of 19)

Lunch back at the casa was a salad with cheese, cottage cheese, and almonds. Plus some of Mazen’s sweet potato fries.

Foodblog (9 of 19)

Matt came to pick up Mazen for some time together, and I went out shopping. I had a Pottery Barn reward coupon that was about to expire.

First though, I got a Roasted Almond latte at Capital Teas and went through Williams Sonoma.

Foodblog (10 of 19)

The marble / copper trend was ON POINT in there!

Foodblog (12 of 19)

I found this sweet end table at Pottery Barn as a sample sale. I’ve been hunting for an end table for my upstairs couch for a while, and combined with the 15% off coupon, $25 off coupon, and $25 rewards certificate, I snagged this guy for only $83. SADLY something happened on the ride home, and the top cracked in half. I cried fat tears and then went to Instagram for advice on how to fix it. Going to research marble glue and apoxy. For now, I’m rocking an end table with a rough edge. Maybe it sort of looks natural that way?!

Foodblog (13 of 19)

The guy and I had a little cocktail hour on my deck before heading downtown for a date night.

Foodblog (14 of 19)

We went to Cville Escape Room before dinner, which was a ton of fun. You get “locked” in a room, and then along with six other people figure out a crime scene. Our room was a mad scientist laboratory, and there were tons of locks we had to find the combinations for. I think I would have preferred it if we’d been with friends instead of strangers, but overall it was fun!

Foodblog (15 of 19)

Next stop was Zocalo for dinner.

The tuna tartare was sooo good! My first time having it.

Foodblog (16 of 19)

Kale salad:

Foodblog (17 of 19)

and the pepper, split in half! Amazing, per usual.

Foodblog (18 of 19)

On Sunday morning I made another test batch of the pumpkin millet porridge I’m doing for a future post. TBA!

Foodblog (19 of 19)

Sunday soccer was off the hook – 2 games back to back! Rest day today : )



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2dDtWlW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049