Buffalo Ranch Chicken Stuffed Jalapeños with Bacon

In-Line_Buffalo_Ranch_Stuffed_PeppersToday’s guest recipe was written by George Bryant, author of The Paleo Kitchen and founder of Civilized Caveman. 

I’m elated to share this recipe with you, but first let me introduce myself. I’m George Bryant, a.k.a. Civilized Caveman, and you can check me out at my home base, Civilized Caveman CookingMy passion is helping people to achieve their goals and dreams and to live a life they love. I do this in our Hugs & Bacon Tribe, teaching people weight loss, fat loss, movement, mindset, and so much more.

But enough chit chat… Let’s talk about ranch dressing. Looking at this recipe, you might think it’s about the peppers or filling. It’s not! This recipe was created for one reason and one reason only: so I would have an excuse to eat more of this ranch dressing.

This is a big deal for me. In my lifetime pursuit of optimal health, I have gained and lost 100 pounds, overcome a 12-year battle with bulimia, and developed a healthy relationship with food. During the valley of my journey (the dark spot), ranch dressing was the one thing I heavily abused. Yes, you can abuse ranch dressing. It was so bad that up until 2 weeks ago I hadn’t consumed any ranch dressing in 9 years.

However, life is about living and not avoiding. Why I love Mark, consider him a friend and mentor, and support everything he does is because he is dedicated to the betterment of this planet. This ranch dressing gives people like me a safe, healthy alternative to enjoy their life. To focus on abundance, rather than avoidance. This makes thriving through food triggers and celiac disease a breeze.

Primal_Kitchen_Ranch

Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins

Author: George Bryant (Civilized Caveman)
Serves: 4

Ingredients

  • 3 cups cauliflower florets
  • 3 tablespoons avocado oil
  • Sea salt to taste
  • Black pepper to taste
  • 8-12 peppers of your choice (We used jalapenos and sweet peppers.)
  • 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
  • 1/2 cup Primal Kitchen Ranch Dressing, plus more for drizzling
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions, plus more for garnish
  • 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy and diced
  • 3 cups shredded chicken, cooked

1_Buffalo_Ranch_Stuffed_Peppers

Instructions

  1. Ensure you have your shredded chicken and bacon prepared.
    Preheat oven to 450º F.
  2. In a mixing bowl, toss cauliflower florets with avocado oil, and season with salt and pepper liberally
  3. Spread evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet, and bake until tender and lightly brown, 20-25 minutes.
  4. While roasting your cauliflower, cut your peppers in half, and remove all the seeds.
  5. Reduce your oven temperature to 350º F.
  6. In that same mixing bowl, stir together hot sauce, ranch, green onions, and bacon until combined.
  7. Toss shredded chicken and roasted cauliflower in hot sauce and ranch mixture until incorporated.
  8. Spoon your buffalo ranch chicken inside of every pepper, and place stuffed peppers on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
  9. Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, and then remove.
  10. Let cool for 10 minutes, then drizzle with ranch and garnish with more green onions and any leftover bacon crumbles.
  11. Enjoy!

So, this ranch—I mean, recipe—is simple. It’s delicious. It’s easy to modify, and it’s overwhelmingly addictive. I chose to stuff it in jalapenos and sweet peppers, but you can use it anywhere. Add it to sweet potatoes, top a spicy salad or even make lettuce wraps. The only limits are the ones your brain creates. I can’t wait to see how you use this recipe.

2_Buffalo_Ranch_Stuffed_Peppers-2

Just in case you want to hear more about my journey, or learn how I healed myself through food, you can read “26 Things You Didn’t Know about Me.”

One of the ways I live out my passion is livestreaming. Call me crazy, but I have livestreamed every single day since Facebook launched the service in April. I will actually be showing you how to make this outstanding recipe on livestream soon. In the meantime, you can like my Facebook Page to watch me daily as I teach you cooking, happiness and most importantly how to prepare perfect bacon.

Come let me know how you adapted the recipe on my Facebook page and catch me making this (and many more recipes) live. Thanks!

mayo_640x80

The post Buffalo Ranch Chicken Stuffed Jalapeños with Bacon appeared first on Mark's Daily Apple.



from Mark's Daily Apple http://ift.tt/2fOgA6g

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049