Ghost-O-Ween

foodblog-3-of-16

We had such a festive Halloween ’round here!! Mazen LOVED it. He’s at that perfect age for holidays now, and he had a great time from breakfast to bedtime.

I started the day with a smoothie –

foodblog-4-of-5

And then snapped a few pictures at the preschool Halloween parade. All the kids walk through in their costumes. It’s the cutest event all year! Mazen spent the day going “Woooooooo” like a ghost!

foodblog-1-of-16

I worked through the morning and rested my legs after Sunday soccer. Mondays are my new favorite day of the week because I take a total rest day, although I usually get in some walking to the school and back, which is good to stretch!

Lunch at home was leftovers from the night before – panko turbot (this was the best fish I’ve had all year!), sautéed spinach with melted feta, and Red, Hot, Blues.

foodblog-2-of-16

After I picked M up from school, we relaxed for a bit before getting back into costume to head to the University of Virginia lawn. Karen made Mazen’s costume this year, and he got a lot of compliments on his spooky tassels. He refused the white face paint we had planned, but we settled on some dark eyes.

foodblog-4-of-16

The Lawn is always crazy and chaotic, but I think it’s worth the trip to see all the funny and creative costumes. Many of the students dress up too. I saw a great Mary Poppins, and a hilarious baby in a carrier dressed as Hodor from Game of Thrones.

foodblog-14-of-16

foodblog-11-of-16

foodblog-12-of-16foodblog-13-of-16

We met some of our friends and went through the trick-or-treating loop.

foodblog-6-of-16

foodblog-8-of-16

foodblog-9-of-16 foodblog-10-of-16

When we got home with a Darth Vadar full of candy, we went to just a few houses on our street. Mazen LOVED trick-or-treating. He kept saying “This is so fun Mommy!!” He didn’t even care about the candy as much as greeting people and going into ghost mode.

foodblog-15-of-16 foodblog-16-of-16

When we returned home, we greeted a handful of trick-or-treaters at our house. I think we had the most visitors ever in my adult life – a good two dozen or so. It was a super fun, and Mazen’s face lit up every time our doorbell rang!

I made some chicken with rice and cauliflower (a Cook Smarts recipe!) after bedtime and had a few mini candy bars for dessert!

foodblog-1-of-1-7

Hope you all had a happy Halloween! And a very happy birthday to my dad today!!

foodblog-5-of-16



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2f8HLpJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub