Illustrated Memories

foodblog-3-of-4

A few weeks ago I received a message from illustrator Bruna Mebs, who is a KERF follower. Her work ranges from food, animals, fashion, costume, beauty, and botanical illustrations, to portraits.

Bruna offered to do a portrait of Mazen in exchange for a shoutout on the blog. I could not be more appreciative of the beautiful job she did in capturing my little boy’s spirit!

foodblog-4-of-4

This was the photo she used as a model:

kathmazen0055

I put the portrait in a Pottery Barn frame I had on hand, and it’s now on display in the living room <3 Bruna is offering KERF readers 30% off a baby portrait if you order from her website with the code KERF. Portraits cost $100, so 30% is quite a generous saving.

foodblog-2-of-4

Yesterday was back at ’em after such a long break. Back to school. Back to the gym. Back to work.

And the cold weather is back too. (Or at least it was yesterday! We are still seeing lots of ups and downs here.) So oatmeal was on the breakfast menu! With almond butter and banana.

foodblog-2-of-2-3

I hit up a strength class mid-morning for a nice little workout. With all of my soccer on Sundays, I have been taking Mondays off from the gym, which reduced my strength class time to once per week. I have definitely gotten weaker because of this, and I hurt something under my collarbone a few weeks ago. I’ve been modifying all overhead exercises, and it’s been a little frustrating. I do a lot just on my right side, so I’m probably going to be crooked soon! It’s slowly getting better, but it’s also a bit unpredictable.

Lunch back at home was a quesadilla, leftover asparagus, and grapes. Love grapes at this time of year!

foodblog-5-of-5

Mazen and I played “movie theater” in the afternoon and snuggled on the couch to watch The Lion King (again!).

foodblog-2-of-2

You should have seen his face when I pulled out two mini bags of M&Ms for us to share. It’s his favorite theater snack. Mine too!

foodblog-1-of-2

For dinner we had Cook Smarts Maple Dijon Panko fish with peas and sweet potatoes. A great combination!!

foodblog-5-of-10



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2g11Nli

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub