Kath Ate Real Meals

 

foodblog-1-of-1-13

I’ve been thinking about how I always tell you guys I miss KERF as a food dairy, but I never actually get back into blogging in real time. Mostly because 1) My life is so much more unpredictable now that I am a mother and 2) Social media has changed the way live blogging feels to me. Wouldn’t you guys feel that a post simply about my lunch was boring? I dunno! When I have done surveys in the past, that’s always the style of post you guys request most.

When I started blogging back in 2007/2008, there was no Instagram/Snapchat, etc. Blogging was the main “live” platform at the time, and lots of blogs tried to be as in the moment as possible, including mine. I think I missed one post in five years! These days blogs seem to be the best platform for “evergreen” content and social media is where people share day-to-day stories. I am torn between sharing more meals in real time on Instagram and “saving” them for these round-up Lately posts. And I feel pulled between the platforms on where best to share daily life stuff because I don’t want to duplicate content.

I think I continue to share meals in a weekly round-up because I am a little scared to get so far away from KERF’s roots as a food dairy blog, but then again, shouldn’t I be evolving with the times? And I also worry that I’ll get tied up with something and miss a day of blogging while I am trying to get something up in real time and I’ll leave you guys with an empty day (that’s the Type A in me 😉 )

Maybe I should split the difference and share just one meal in a single post here and there spontaneously (when my schedule allows) and share the rest on Instagram?

I’d love to hear some of your thoughts on this.

In the meantime, here are some recent meals!

Breakfast green smoothie with toast. I find that a smoothie alone isn’t enough to power me through the morning and I miss the warmth of a hot breakfast. But a slightly smaller smoothie plus toast is the perfect combo!

foodblog-1-of-1-9

A massaged kale salad with maple-soy tempeh I whipped up for lunch one day. For the tempeh, I just cut it in cubes and then cooked in a skillet tossed in some maple syrup and soy sauce for 5-7 minutes.

foodblog-1-of-1-6

Split pea and sausage soup for dinner! I found this tree trunk in my neighbor’s yard, and it’s the perfect photography spot : )

foodblog-1-of-1-5

I had some jalapeño and spinach soufflé for breakfast (and lunch and dinner!) that I was testing for a recipe. You’ll see it soon!!

foodblog-1-of-1-8

Lunch as a chopped romaine salad with blue cheese and smoked trout and a lemony basil dressing. Apple on the side!

foodblog-1-of-1

And dinner – Cook Smarts Chicken Tagine with apricots, green olives, almonds and rice. YUM!

foodblog-2-of-2-5

Breakfast pumpkin pancakes with raspberries and raspberry jam. A non-traditional combo that worked well.

foodblog-6-of-9

Lunch was leftover chicken tagine over a baby spinach salad with pepperjack and corn chips on the side.

foodblog-4-of-4

Cook Smarts Garlic Shrimp with roasted vegetable rice. This was SO GOOD! Cook Smarts continues to impress me with such tasty recipes.

foodblog-1-of-1-15

Hope you are all having a great week!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://www.KathEats.com/kath-ate-real-meals

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049