Mediterranean Tasting Plate

foodblog-5-of-7

Earlier this year I had the most delicious lunch: a Mediterranean tasting plate. I have always loved dishes that give you a little of this and a little of that, and this one had such a great variety!

Olives, stuffed grape leaves, hummus, carrots and celery (loved the veggie touch!), toasted pita, big beans with sun-dried tomatoes, and a huge hunk of feta. It was absolutely delicious, and I knew I wanted to re-create it at home!

foodblog-1-of-1

My version would be great for a lunch for two (mine is a little large for one, but maybe you have a large appetite!) or perfect as a party dish. I took mine to a fall party and it was a big hit.

foodblog-6-of-7

I love that this platter requires barely any prep – just assembly. All you need to do is gather ingredients, chop the veggies, and toast the pita. And make hummus, if you’d like to. I used a local brand that I love!

foodblog-1-of-7

I found the grape leaves (a.k.a. dolmas) at Whole Foods in a nice little tin. So easy!

foodblog-2-of-7

I also added grapes to mine, which I thought was an excellent touch for something sweet to cleanse the palate. The big beans and olives came from the salad bar in my grocery store.

foodblog-7-of-7

Shopping list:

  1. Whole wheat pita (plus olive oil and Italian herbs for toasting)
  2. 2 big carrots
  3. 2 big celery stalks
  4. 1 tin of stuffed grape leaves (dolmas)
  5. A block of feta, cubed
  6. Seasoned big beans
  7. Olives
  8. Hummus
  9. Grapes

Enjoy!

mediterranean-tasting-plate



from Kath Eats Real Food http://www.KathEats.com/mediterranean-tasting-plate

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049