Meeting Emerson Grace

foodblog-10-of-36

Get ready for a bunch of cute baby photos!! I have just returned from Dallas, where I went to meet my new niece, Emerson Grace.

foodblog-3-of-36

I haven’t spent a ton of time around newborns other than my own little one, so I kept thinking how similar Emerson is to Mazen. Maybe all newborns are the same, but I felt major déjà vu when I held her. She is closest in genetics to Mazen, and I to her mother, so maybe we felt that. She seemed to like me right away!

foodblog-2-of-36

I arrived on Wednesday in time for a CST lunch. I made egg and avocado sandwiches along with fruit and chips for us all to share. We spent a lot of time talking, watching TV, and relaxing while she nursed and napped in our arms.

foodblog-1-of-36

On Wednesday night we went out for pizza. E is so young that she slept the whole time in a wrap on her mother’s chest.

foodblog-5-of-36

We had this great autumn salad and shared a few pizzas, but we were so busy talking I forgot to take photos! The pizzas were awesome.

foodblog-8-of-36

foodblog-6-of-36

On Thursday morning I took E so my sister could catch an extra few hours of sleep. I set myself up with entertainment knowing I wouldn’t be able to move much once she fell asleep. I remember those days!

foodblog-9-of-36

Plus Survivor on the big screen! Nap time.

foodblog-12-of-36

She woke up quite a bit later, and we had some nice play time together.

foodblog-13-of-36

She thinks I am a super cool auntie : )

foodblog-14-of-36

While the girls nursed, Matt and I went for a quick 5K run around their neighborhood. It was nice to have someone to motivate me to exercise a little on the trip.

Post-run oatmeal with peanut butter!

foodblog-15-of-36

I got to wear E in the Solly Baby wrap a few times. I loved wearing Mazen in the same way, so this was so fun!

foodblog-16-of-36 foodblog-17-of-36

For lunch that day we had leftover pizza, and a salad I made from things in the fridge.

foodblog-18-of-36

During our run, we passed the Title Nine store! I had no idea they had stores in addition to the catalog, so later that afternoon Larbs and I walked back over for a little shopping.

foodblog-20-of-36

I don’t remember my newborn sleeping this much, but she sure did!

foodblog-19-of-36

For dinner that night we had crockpot chicken with rice, sweet potatoes, sautéed peppers, cheese, sour cream, guac, and chips.

foodblog-21-of-36

Plus ice cream bowls for dessert!

foodblog-22-of-36

I watched Emerson again in the morning while her mother went to vote! Larbs had made a quiche for us to have for breakfasts and lunches, so I had some of that for breakfast along with an early-morning banana and PB. Plus, coffee!

foodblog-23-of-36 foodblog-24-of-36 foodblog-25-of-36

I got some more great faces out of her!

foodblog-26-of-36

We walked to Velvet Taco for lunch. YUM! I had a fish ‘n chips and a Cuban taco. I loved the Cuban!

foodblog-28-of-36

Late in the afternoon Matt and I did a 20 minute Popsugar bootcamp, showered, and then we all headed out for happy hour at Truck Yard.

foodblog-29-of-36

What a cool watering hole!

foodblog-30-of-36 foodblog-31-of-36 foodblog-32-of-36

We walked to dinner a few blocks away at Rapscallion, and shared a bunch of delicious things. This plate:

foodblog-34-of-36

And then a Redfish entree, sautéed sorghum, and a salad (that appeared to be half missing!). As always, wine too.

foodblog-35-of-36

We took sundaes home from Motor Sisters for dessert.

foodblog-33-of-36

A pumpkin and a salted caramel!!

foodblog-36-of-36

I was so sad to say goodbye to this snuggle bug. I’m hoping to visit her again in a few months!

foodblog-27-of-36



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2f9aXhS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub