Friday Favs

friday-favorites

It’s time for another round of everyones favorite game show — Friday Favorites! (Imagine me doing jazz hands.) I love sharing this and that – these are some of my favorite posts to write!

Jamming out to….this song! It’s country. Are you surprised? And who is excited that Nashville is coming back on CMT?!! The two-hour premiere is on January 5. Even if you don’t love country music, it’s a great show!

dirt-on-my-boots

Coveting…this candle! I saw it in a magazine and it’s on my Christmas list. We all need candles that look pretty and smell good.

candle

Lathering…. up this shave cream! I’ve been doing Dollar Shave Club for a while (the executive blades are worth the extra cost). I don’t really need a new blade every week, but the every-other-month frequency has been great. That means a new blade every 2 weeks. I’m embarrassed to say that’s a big step up with how long I used to use razor blades! ANYways, I tried their shave butter when I first joined and didn’t love it, but THIS Shave Lather is really great! It’s thicker like a real shave cream, and the best part is the pepperminty smell πŸ™‚

foodblog-1-of-1-6

Listening to...John from Young House Love recommended this podcast episode as his “We’re Digging” a few weeks ago. I gave it a listen, and loved the mystery. It’s about a boy in a photo taken a few decades ago that became famous on an internet message board for a bunch of random reasons. The podcast episode is kind of like Serial Season 1 over again where the journalists did some digging, and went to the scene to find out more. I’ve also been listening to the Dave Ramsey Show podcast, and enjoying his advice (although his straight-shooting ruffles my feathers at times and makes me laugh at others!)

boy-in-photo

/Sponsored/

Wearing…Tommie Copper compression sleeves.

I’ve played double soccer every Sunday throughout the fall, and by Sunday night I literally couldn’t walk – only limp – around my house. My left foot gives me tons of aches and pains if I spend a lot of time on it. I’ve been icing it first, and then using these Tommie Copper compression sleeves. The extra support has been great to have when I hobble around my house. The sleeves are made from – you guessed it – copper. The fabric, called Copper Znergy®, has copper and zinc encapsulated inside to kill odor-causing microbes while providing great support and compression to reduce pain and swelling. It’s also 4D stretching, anti-odor, and moisture wicking. I honestly need all the support I can get on that foot anytime I have spent a day on my feet, and wearing this sleeve has been a great help.

#footselfie πŸ˜‰

foodblog-3-of-3

/end sponsored/

Laughing at….this commercial. So cute!!

Blinging…this statement bracelet I found super on sale at H&M. I would have paid 5x as much for something like this at other stores, so I was happy to have stumbled upon it at the checkout counter when I went in looking for tights.

foodblog-1-of-1-8

Reading….I finished The Nightingale. LOVED IT. Such a great, heart-wrenching book. Has anyone read any more of Kristin Hannah’s books to recommend another one for me? I just started this new book – Grand Prismatic – the debut novel of blog reader Ashlee Wetherington. It’s a new age romance, and so far I love it. It’s only $2.99 on Amazon Kindle, so show Ashlee some love and give it a read!

grand

Geeking out over…..packing videos! So one day I searched You Tube for “packing cubes” and then spent the next hour mesmerized by other people’s packing videos. I don’t know why it fascinates me so much, but I was totally enthralled by how people organize their clothes, toiletries, make up, and carry on bags. When I was in Target the following week I found a really pretty set of packing cubes in my cart. I can’t wait to test them out!

packing

Shopping for….Mazen’s new shoes! I was on the market for lace-less boat shoes and velcro running shoes, and these were the best balance of color and price. They are these and these. Cute! Zappos FTW.

foodblog-1-of-1

Happy December!



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2fO18r7

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049