From Adrenal Fatigue to Keto Clarity: I Now Have More Energy than I Can Handle!

It’s Friday, everyone! And that means another Primal Blueprint Real Life Story from a Mark’s Daily Apple reader. If you have your own success story and would like to share it with me and the Mark’s Daily Apple community please contact me here. In fact, I have a contest going right now. So if you have a story to share, no matter how big or how small, you’ll be in the running to win a big prize. Read more here.

realifestories in line

Lucky me. I’ve been fit and happy my whole life; always followed what I believed were healthful ways-of-eating along with workout plans that made me feel great and kept my body trim. And, for a long time I was really in shape. But, little by little I was amping up my cardio as well as my carbs, and I would reason this madness by thinking I had earned more carbs through working out so hard. At one point I was doing five Spin classes a week, along with an hour plus of weights 4 times a week, plus running, and whatever else I could throw in the mix.

I was sailing along pretty great until I turned 50. Then my Father called to tell me he had 4th Stage Bladder Cancer, and a couple of months later, he passed away. We were very close so I was immediately plunged into instant adrenal fatigue. It was so bad at one point that I registered zero adrenaline, even when confronted with a terrifying situation. I was gaining weight in spite of all my workouts, not to mention that I wasn’t eating much. Huh? One day, I was driving my car on the freeway when another car blew one of its front tires and came careening toward me and a friend. I had no reaction, just turned the wheel to avoid the accident while my friend was screaming his head off. That was my turning point. I knew I had to address my adrenal fatigue and change how I ate and worked out.

I did a LOT of research, consulted a Naturopath and immediately cut out all exercising for a month. I began taking adrenal supplements, followed a vitamin protocol, removed as much stress as I could and went on with my life. During my exercise hiatus I read as much as possible about nutrition and how it affected adrenal fatigue (which in turn affected weight loss) and after going down several rabbit holes online, I found Primal Blueprint!

I ordered the book, joined the website and haven’t looked back once. I am now in the best shape of my life, have more energy than I can handle (or anyone else can handle, for that matter). I work out with weights for 30 minutes about 3 times a week using compound movements like squats and pull ups and others that Mark recommends. I walk a lot, and once a week or every 10 days I do 6-10 minutes of HIIT cardio. I’ve successfully shared the book and methodology with several people (one of whom actually plays Frisbee with Mark!).

About a month or so ago, I decided to take it one step further and began Keto. Total brain clarity and energy, never more up and happy in my life. Then lo and behold, recently received info from Mark about a Keto Summit and am listening to those podcasts excitedly. Life is GOOD!

And to think, I could still be a very average 20 pounds overweight, dragging around with zero energy and thinking that is totally normal. Ha! Thanks to Primal Blueprint I will never have to worry about that!

Feature_Wendy_Success_Story

Wendy O. Roberts

phc1_640x80

The post From Adrenal Fatigue to Keto Clarity: I Now Have More Energy than I Can Handle! appeared first on Mark's Daily Apple.



from Mark's Daily Apple http://ift.tt/2gsFmIk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub