New Year Intentions

Can I jump into scrooge mode for just a minute and say that I am so ready for this tree to be out of my living room?! Sorry I just had to admit that out loud. I love the coziness of Christmas, but the decorations really make me a little crazy by the end, and I don’t even have that many!

Admittedly January is not one of my favorite months. It’s cold and dark and reallllly long. Sorry, January. This year, however, I am trying my hardest to look at January in a positive light. Let’s swap the negative words for positive ones:

Pure

Refreshing

Minimalist

Crisp

Blank slate

Potential

Time

{Breakfast: Two eggs and whole wheat blueberry muffins}

I was looking for some new year challenges and stumbled upon the “Screw Your Resolutions” challenge put on by the Healthy Habits, Happy Moms ladies. They are doing a free 30 day challenge from January 2-31 with daily prompts for quick home workouts, meal prep ideas, self-love and self-care activities that all focus on YOU in 20 minutes a day. The program’s philosophy of anti-diet, balance, and moderation all align with what I write about here on KERF, so I signed up to participate because it seems like a great way to get inspired by a community of others who are starting the year with similar intentions to me. Healthy Habits, Happy Moms also does a larger program called Balance 365 that is a year-long course to living your best life. If you get your snowball rolling, you can keep going with that! Of course they have moms at heart, but anyone can participate.

{Lunch: sardine salad, garlicky massaged kale, Red, Hot, Blues}

Instead of resolutions, I am setting intentions for the new year. If I were a crafty person I might cut out photos from magazines and make a mood board, but that would feel like a chore to me, so let’s just close our eyes and make a mental mood board. What are your intentions for 2017? How do you want it to feel?

I am still pondering mine for a post to come about my 2017 word of the year!

{Dinner: frittata, roasted potatoes, frozen parmesan peas}

Happy New Year!

The post New Year Intentions appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2ih6klF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049