Twas The Weekend Before Christmas

foodblog-1-of-1

And all through the house, the M&M bowl was empty. Could it be a mouse?

foodblog-8-of-19

^^The best/worst thing I did this holiday season was fill a little bowl with Christmas M&Ms. I guess it’s a good thing that I am still on the first and only bag!

Our weekend started with Mazen’s last day of school before break. The kiddos sang us some carols at pick-up time, and Rudolph was my favorite!

foodblog-6-of-19

I took the Sayas to Sarah’s house, and she had this delicious pesto salmon salad ready for me.

foodblog-2-of-19

Friday evening we went to a friend’s house and had this amazing Steak Chinoise, the same recipe from C&O Restaurant. It was fantastic! The sauce!!

foodblog-14-of-19

We had cheese from Albemarle Baking for dessert : )

Saturday morning we played around in our jammies for a while. Mazen pretended these beads were spaghetti!

foodblog-12-of-19

Breakfast sammie with bacon, egg and melted cheese!

foodblog-5-of-19

We went to the gym where I did a workout on the elliptical, and then sat in the sauna for a bit.

Late lunch – a big salad preparing for a holiday party. (Following my own advice!) The salad had some deli ham, spinach and a homemade dressing.

foodblog-10-of-19

I went for a walk date downtown for tea in the afternoon.

foodblog-18-of-19

And then picked Mazen up from Matt’s where he’d been for the afternoon. He LOVED meeting this Star Wars Christmas crew!

m-starwars

Saturday night we went to a rockin’ Christmas party at our friends’ house! Best gals!

foodblog-7-of-19

foodblog-3-of-19

Had a blast!

foodblog-19-of-19

Champs!

foodblog-4-of-19

foodblog-1-of-19

foodblog-11-of-19

Mazen requested pancakes for breakfast yesterday, so I mixed together flour, egg, baking powder, a little applesauce and maple syrup until I had a battery consistency, and they actually turned out quite well with some chocolate chips sprinkled throughout!

foodblog-15-of-19

I went to the gym again on Sunday (I miss soccer season!) and did a combo of the stairmaster, walking, and the hot tub! Ironic since it was 60 degrees here yesterday. No hot tub really necessary.

Sunday was otherwise relaxing. My Fantasy team made it to the semifinals and then lost horribly yesterday. Like embarrassingly bad. Such a bummer to end the season under 100 points, but I can’t wait to play again next year!

Hope you guys had a good weekend!

The post Twas The Weekend Before Christmas appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2hM2qDg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049