2017 Word Of The Year

Last year my friend Lauren asked me to choose a word of the year for 2016.


I had one foot in the past and one foot in the future and had no idea where my life was headed, so I chose the word PRESENT. My goal for 2016 was to stop worrying / thinking / analyzing about what would happen in 3 months, a year, or 5 years. To let go of all of the planning I had done my whole life and to just be. Reflecting on that word choice, it worked out well. I truly did embrace living in the present.

Here we are stepping into crisp, pure January, and it’s time to choose my word of the year.

I considered: Efficient. Focused. Driven. Kindness. Outrageous. Spirited. Motivated.

After quite a bit of thought my word is:

I wanted something I could apply to many areas of my life, and intentional seemed to fit the bill. When I think about the past two years, they just sort of floated by with more reaction than action.

I want to be intentional with my….

Blog. I want to write about things that excite me and that I hope will inspire or excite you and let go of the business focus a bit.

Relationships. I need to cherish those relationships that are most important to me and deliberately spend time with those people.

Health. I hope to plan meals, workouts, sleep, and de-stressors that are purposeful rather than reactionary. I want to put more time into preparing plant-based, nutrient-rich meals.

Spending. I will buy things or experiences with purpose, thinking in advance the how and why they will enhance my life.

Home. Gradually the stuff builds up, and I wish for everything in my home to be considered and have space to breathe.

Have you guys ever chosen a word of the year? What’s yours?!

The post 2017 Word Of The Year appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2hN5Zdb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049