Cooking Club Camp For Kids

I am so excited to write about Mazen’s latest camp experience! Remember last summer when I wrote that a friend of mine told me about Supper Club Camp? Her son had spent a week learning to prepare healthy meals and came home with dinner for the family each night. I knew this would be such a fun opportunity for Mazen, and I signed him up for two different enrichment days over the Christmas break. The first day was all about the holidays, and they made a variety of Christmas cookies and ornaments. And the second day was a one-day version of Supper Club Camp. Mazen came home with a delicious dinner!

I will let him tell you what he made:

He was SO proud of his dinner, and we had so much fun together setting the table and getting everything ready to eat.

The vegetarian chili was delicious, and I loved the honey butter on the cornbread! (I put cubes of cheese on mine because I was out of shredded cheese : ) )

And best of all? He actually ate the chili! It was funny to watch him because he had been saying how much he “loved soup” even though I’ve never been able to get him to try it before. When we sat down I started eating and raving about how good it was and he hesitated and just looked at the soup for a minute. Then he cautiously dipped in his spoon, and took a slurp. He needed a little encouragement to continue eating the chunky parts, but he ate about half of his bowl overall. ‘Tis totally true for us that the more involved he is in the kitchen the more likely he is to eat something. He and Matt cook together almost every night, and I am working on ways to get him more involved in my house too.

I loved the chocolate shortbread cookies for dessert. (He says they are peanut butter in the video because he and Matt put peanut butter on cookies the night before.)

Miss Rita and Miss Christina, the mother-daughter duo who run the camp, are amazing and they said Mazen did a great job participating (and had excellent manners too!)

Cville friends, you can find out all the details for future enrichment days and camps on their website here. 2017 dates to come soon they say!

The post Cooking Club Camp For Kids appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2icKi6w

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049