Sweater Weather

foodblog-1-of-2

Grab a sweater, a fleece, a throw, some long johns. Baby, it’s gotten cold out there!

Those of you who live in really cold climates, what are your best winter layering tips? I spent the past week chilled to the bone in my house (which I keep between 66-70 degrees, depending on the time of day). I have a space heater at my desk and put on a fleece but I am still cold sometimes! What thermal items do I need to buy? Should I have my feet in fleece socks? Long johns? I don’t know how you guys up north stay warm!

This is the space heater that I have, and it’s about five years old. I have found if I close the office door I can get the room pretty warm without heating my whole house. Is anyone a space heater expert? I’ve heard good things about these big Dyson ones. I like that they do heat + cool, but they are really expensive. Does anyone have one?

One good thing about cozy winter nights is that it gets me in the mood to cook. I did a Blue Apron box for fun, and here were two of the three meals that came in it.

Harissa Chicken Skewers with Khorasan Wheat & Persimmon Salad: It had been a while since I’ve eaten persimmon but I loved it in this savory dish.

blueapron-1-of-2

And Spicy Shrimp & Bucatini Pasta with Kale. Mazen actually ate this one – with the kale too! Loved the lemon and garlic flavors.

blueapron-2-of-2

Now that I am talking about cold weather, I have this song stuck in my head! Such a good one : ) Just substitute “Colder Weather” for “Sweater Weather” :mrgreen:

The post Sweater Weather appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2jqArGl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub