Weekend Link Love – Edition 434

weekend_linklove in-lineRESEARCH OF THE WEEK

The ApoE4 gene dramatically increases risk of Alzheimer’s—unless you carry parasites, in which case it protects against cognitive decline.

Skipping breakfast leads to less weight and fat gain than eating breakfast, at least if the breakfast consists of sugary cereal.

Diet soda doesn’t really seem to help people lose weight.

Statins aren’t so good for physical fitness.

Ketones may help against inflammatory skin diseases.

What have we done with all that leisure time technology has afforded us? Watched more TV.

Consciousness may emerge from entropy.

NEW PRIMAL BLUEPRINT PODCASTS
pb-podcast-banner-142

Episode 150: Adam and Vanessa Lambert: Power couple Adam and Vanessa talk about their unique perspective on fitness (and, indeed, life) coaching and unveil the exciting retreats they have planned.

Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here so you never miss an episode.

Interesting Blog Posts

When it comes to controlling the amount of food we eat, quality trumps quantity.

We just keep on lying to diabetics. Why?

Media, Schmedia

Move over, weed. Sugar could be the most popular drug.

Medical studies rarely report adverse effects, even when they occur.

Everything Else

Shopping for a hedge fund manager? Pick one who drives an Odyssey, not a Corvette.

A newborn’s sleep patterns, visualized.

Say hello to your new organ.

Americans are eating an ungodly amount of Jack in the Box tacos.

Watch a cute baby worm embryo split cells in real time.

Things I’m Up to and Interested In

Ranking that sadly doesn’t surprise me: Dietitians rank Whole 30 dead last.

Study that I just don’t get: Oh, corn oil is totally healthier than EVOO, guys.

Video I’m sending to my peers who complain about every ache, pain, and physical limitation: 67 year-old Ric Flair (yeah, that Ric Flair) deadlifting 400 pounds.

Thing I’m wondering: Can you power wash a lung?

Advice I’m passing along: Be happy with what you have (or else).

Recipe Corner

Time Capsule

One year ago (Jan 8 – Jan 14)

Comment of the Week

Mark you always seems to have a quote or two that makes me deeply appreciate your perspective. This time it was this, “My days are full and rich. I don’t really think or worry about it because I know I’m doing all I can to make the most of it.” It struck a chord with me as I have been reflecting on the fact that we all have a choice whether we want to be happy or choose to worry/live in the past or future/you name it. I suppose no matter how one chooses to live their life we will always have regrets and wish we could have done more with the time we had. Makes me realize more and more how important it is to choose wisely with each passing moment. ?

– Means a lot, Suji. Good thoughts.

phc1_640x80

The post Weekend Link Love – Edition 434 appeared first on Mark's Daily Apple.



from Mark's Daily Apple http://ift.tt/2irs25o

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub