What’s For Breakfast?

When this cute little boy pitter patters up to my bedroom each morning with his bedhair, jammies and cold feet, we snuggle under the covers for 5 minutes before getting up for the day. I usually ask him then “What do you want for breakfast?” He’s been on a smoothie kick for a long time, and he also really likes oatmeal. But his most requested breakfast request is PANCAKES! On busy mornings when we’re on a schedule to get out the door, I have been making Anne’s Gluten Free, High Protein Pancake Recipe, which in our house is just called a “banana egg pancake.”

The recipe involves just three main ingredients plus added flavors – two eggs, a mashed banana, chia seeds, cinnamon and vanilla. It’s kind of a cross between a pancake and a crepe, I’d say. Pour the batter in a buttered omelet pan over low heat and it’s ready in 5 minutes.

I just love how quick this is to whip up and how easy it is to make one big thin pancake and cut it up as opposed to 5 smaller ones that cook at different rates. Mazen and I usually share one with some fruit and peanut butter, although we can each eat a whole one no problem too!

I recently had lunch at The Salad Maker, our new downtown salad-heavy spot. I customized my own with romaine, olives, goat cheese, sunflower seeds, corn, carrots, and a creamy almond dressing. ‘Twas very good and hit the spot! Loved the little rye cracker on top.

This is still the best kombucha I’ve tried. I love that it’s not sour but it’s also not too sweet. It’s my favorite cocktail hour drink, other than wine of course.

Dinner production was an old favorite – sweet potato rounds, sautéed kale and baked cod.

Have a great day you guys!

The post What’s For Breakfast? appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2jZimje

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049