Why I Love My Apple Watch

I bought an Apple Watch during the Black Friday / Cyber Monday rush and have loved it every day since. It was one of those things that I always wanted but could never justify the cost of just for the sake of getting text messages on my wrist. “I always have my phone nearby,” I said as I talked myself out of the purchase.

But then when the Series 2 came out, which is totally waterproof with built-in GPS, I asked my friends what they liked about theirs. And that’s when I realized that the Apple Watch is much more of a fitness watch than I ever realized. It has a built-in heart rate monitor, and the activity tracking app is great. I learned that my friends were sharing their activity data with each other, and I could use it to track distance and time on runs and my heart rate and time during workouts. Oh and it showed my texts ; ) Sold!

So here are all the reasons why this was such a great purchase:

  1. Just like when I wore a Fitbit and a Jawbone, I am moving more. I love the activity goals, and have mine set anywhere from 500-800 calories per day. I love that the Move and Exercise goals are different, so I get Move points for doing things like picking up Mazen’s toys or walking downtown but that’s separate from my workouts. Some days I have walked over 8 miles!
  2. The GPS for running is awesome. Remember the days of the HUGE Garmin?! I used to have to set it on a windowsill for 20 minutes to get it to connect to satellites. I haven’t worn my Garmin in years. The Apple Watch works fabulously for distance and speed tracking. You can use it without your phone too (but you need your phone on you to receive texts and emails). You can download music to the watch too, but sadly not podcasts. My one complaint!
  3. The heart rate and workout tracker has been really fun to use during group ex classes, and I love seeing how hard I’m working in the middle of Afterburn.
  4. I love that it’s waterproof and I don’t have to worry about washing dishes, Mazen pouring bathwater on it, and can wear it in the shower!! I know this sounds like a small reason to get an Apple Watch, but I LOVE that I can read a text or email in the shower or skip to the next song on my playlist! Sometimes you’re waiting for something important to come through and of course your phone dings the second you step in the shower! Not a reason alone to buy the watch, but definitely a perk.
  5. “Hey Siri” works better on the watch than on my phone. I have switched from Spotify to Apple Music because I can talk to my watch and say “Hey Siri play Down By The Bay by Raffi” and it works perfectly in the bluetooth of my car. Totally hands free. I also use the timer function a lot.
  6. I love having the time and date on my wrist because I haven’t worn a watch in yeaaarrrrs. Easy one.
  7. You might think that it’s a bit distracting when out with friends and it dings, but it’s so much easier to be discreet glancing down at a watch than it is pulling your phone out to check and having to log in with your thumb, especially in this cold weather wearing gloves! I can keep my phone tucked away and just read updates on my watch.
  8. I have the outside temperature on the home screen and I can’t tell you how often I look down to see if I need to add a layer or not. And the weather hourly forecast is one touch away as opposed to 3-4 clicks on a phone. Again, not something one really needs but just super convenient to be able to glance down.

I bought the 38 mm rose gold Series 2 watch along with this marble band from Casetify.

Casetify has SO many cute bands I want them all! I’d also love a leather strappy one to wear on more formal occasions. The marble band I bought from them on Black Friday is very well made.

Apologies to Android users, but you do have to have an iPhone to use the Apple Watch. But I do hear there are some new generation Fitbits and things that do similar things!

Do you have an activity tracker? Love it?

The post Why I Love My Apple Watch appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2ki4AZW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049