Super Weekend

How hilarious is Gus in this picture?! Is he smiling or doing a version of the grimacing face emoji?!

If I zoom out you’ll see that Mazen was rubbing his belly and he was, in fact, very happy : )

We had such a long and fun weekend that I’m breaking it into two posts! We were so happy to have warm weather for most of the weekend, and we spent a lot of time outside!

I’ve been craving sandwiches lately, and had this bad boy with some chips on Friday. Not as healthy as a hugh jass salad, but totally hit the spot! Havarti cheese is the winning ingredient.

On Friday night I made these sweet potato and black bean enchiladas that date back to a 2010 blog post! A friend had found the recipe and asked me about it, and I remembered how good they were when I revisited the post! It’s so weird to read old blog posts – sometimes it doesn’t even feel like I’m reading about myself…

This recipe is SO EASY and also vegetarian. Served with a nice salad! (And a Halloween napkin – ha!)

And this wine is sooo good! It’s from the Winc Wine Club, which I love, and it’s my favorite white of the bunch so far. I ordered it a second time.

On Saturday morning, Mazen and I made French toast. Note to self: I need to swing by Great Harvest and pick up some swirl bread next weekend! Served with sunbutter and grapes.

Saturday mid-day we went for a run with Thomas and Gus. Thomas and I took turns pushing the stroller, which is like 75 pounds now with such a big boy in it. Mazen gets out to run with us as much as he wants, but, to be honest, that’s not much at all. Boy gets tired fast and wants back in stat. Haha. He prefers to chill.

On Saturday afternoon we went to a friend’s house for a cookout, and lucked out with warm weather so we spent a lot of the time outside. I chopped a few inches off my hair this week, and I am really liking the shorter length, especially with all the ponytail tangles that come during workouts.

Mazen and Spiderman had a BLAST together. They played and played and were so grimy and tired at the end of the day.

Also, two words: Power. Wheels.

I snacked on corn and bean dip that Thomas made. (I should share the recipe soon – it’s a winner!)

Plus this snack-tastic broccoli soup!

And then for dinner – smoked pork, kale salad (which I brought), and pasta salad. And beer(s)!

On Saturday night we had a sitter come after bedtime so we could go and watch the UVA basketball game with friends. We left the game a little early when it was clear the Hoos weren’t pulling off a win (a bummer, because I despise Carolina basketball!) but we stopped into Arch’s on our way home because, get this, Thomas had never had Gooey Brownie!! Gooey Brownie is the half-baked pan of brownie batter that Arch’s has as a topping on its self-serve buffet. I tried it on my first visit to Cville after friends convinced me of how epic it was, and now I indulge in the good stuff about once a year. (I’d have it more often, but I’m not at the Corner that much.) Thomas LOVED it though, so we will be back for more sooner rather than later!

The post Super Weekend appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2m0buqW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049