RESEARCH OF THE WEEK
Getting the flu vaccine during pregnancy doesn’t seem to reduce autism risk in your offspring.
Over 700 genes determine height.
Fixing your posture curbs depression symptoms.
NEW PRIMAL BLUEPRINT PODCASTS
Episode 154: Drew Canole: Elle Russ chats with Drew Canole, health expert and founder of Organifi, one of the best-tasting and most nutrient-dense green powders on the market.
Each week, select Mark’s Daily Apple blog posts are prepared as Primal Blueprint Podcasts. Need to catch up on reading, but don’t have the time? Prefer to listen to articles while on the go? Check out the new blog post podcasts below, and subscribe to the Primal Blueprint Podcast here so you never miss an episode.
- What’s Wrong with the “Best Diets”?
- Where Do I Start? The Big Picture on Tackling Primal Challenges
- 14 Primal Tips for Better Hiking
INTERESTING BLOG POSTS
The upsides and downsides of interpersonal synchrony.
How the length of your thigh bone determines the best squat technique.
Alcohol probably made civilization possible (or tolerable).
We still don’t know when humans learned to start and control fires (and the Neanderthals might never have learned).
People really need to stop eating vegetable oil.
Now this is a use for soybean oil I can get behind.
Feral pigs are doing great.
What happens when one twin goes to space for a year and one twin stays planetside.
The Danish Medical Association comes out hard against male circumcision.
For the first time, malaria drugs failed in the UK.
The nominations are in for Paleo Magazine‘s “Best of 2016.” We made 8 categories.
- Best Blog (General Health/Wellness): Mark’s Daily Apple
- Best Blog (Science): Mark’s Daily Apple
- Best New Book (General Health/Wellness): The New Primal Blueprint by Mark Sisson
- Best New Book (Science): The Paleo Thyroid Solution by Elle Russ
- Best New Book (Fitness): Primal Endurance by Mark Sisson
- Best Paleo Company (Food): PRIMAL KITCHEN™
- Best Paleo Bar (Nut Based): PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Bars
- Best Paleo Hiking Grub: PRIMAL KITCHEN™ Collagen Bars
All of us here at MDA and Primal Kitchen would really appreciate your vote.
THINGS I’M UP TO AND INTERESTED IN
Article I appeared in: The health secrets of 10 top entrepreneurs.
Podcast I loved appearing on: Mixergy, discussing how I grew my business from a scrappy blog to what it is today. Give it a listen (and a like, if you do).
Video I have to share: Watch people mustering the nerve to jump from the high dive.
News I liked: Roundup’s getting cancer warnings on its labels, at least in CA.
Pet I’d get: This hairless hare, if only for the sage wisdom he undoubtedly possesses.
One year ago (Feb 5 – Feb 11)
- 10 Reasons to Eat More Collagen – Why you need more gelatin in your life.
- Nootropics: Brain Enhancers, Smart Drugs, or Empty Hype? – Can certain compounds make your brain work good?
COMMENT OF THE WEEK
“I would put the US News article firmly in the fake news category.”
– I tend to agree, Jim Tipton.
from Mark's Daily Apple http://ift.tt/2kCjiOk