What Matters Most

^^^I LOVE this quote. It is the answer to so many questions about life, priorities, and big decisions. And it’s a reminder to not sweat the small stuff.

Speaking of sweating, I’ve been loving the sauna before my workouts lately! I try to get to the gym 15 minutes before class starts and go in there to warm up. It has the same effect that “just put on your workout clothes” does to get you more pumped for a workout. I pretend it’s July and I’m about to jump in a pool! I just wear my workout clothes because I leave before I really start to sweat, so it’s easy to pop in and out. My muscles always say thank you when we start the class warm-up!

Speaking of workout classes, I’ve been lifting less weight this year. Last year I REALLY pushed myself and got a lot stronger. But during the fall, when I was playing in two soccer games per Sunday, I started to take Mondays off of strength class and then still grabbed my same weights on Wednesdays. The result of going from two to one strength training classes a week is that I got a little weaker without realizing it and then hurt myself a few times. So now I’m a notch lower on all weight fronts, but I’m still feeling good and tired at the end of class. The ole guns don’t seem all that much smaller :mrgreen:

Speaking of soccer, I am not planning to play in the women’s league this spring, which makes me really sad. Last spring and fall I was just playing SO MUCH soccer on Sundays – sometimes up to three games – and it was hard to walk at the end of the day. I love both women’s league and co-ed, but, since I am the captain of co-ed and have been with my team for three years now, I decided to let women’s league go. I’m hoping I can still come back and sub for some games though!

And speaking of Sundays, I think Mazen and I are taking a little excursion this Sunday, since there is no school on Monday. Stay tuned!

 

The post What Matters Most appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2lpKRuC

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049