Cubed.

^^After school snuggles!

M and I went to Sweethaus to pick up some buttercream frosting for our trip. You’ll have to wait and see what it’s for!

I mentioned packing cubes in my lunch post and got a few “what are packing cubes?” comments. Again these are the ones I got, and they arrived just in time for my trip! The set came with three cubes and 3 pouches for laundry or smaller items like underwear. Here is the contents of my carry-on suitcase. I am a huge overpacker, so this is only 3 night’s worth, but I have to fit in all the categories: daytime clothes, dressy clothes and shoes, layers if it’s cold, workout clothes (the WORST to pack with the shoes included), sleepwear, underwear, toiletries.

Here was my first attempt to pack them in:

Haha – look at how many didn’t make it! #fail

Attempt two went stacked instead of sideways, and I made lots of progress:

And then I realized I could go above the zipper because my suitcase expands.

Success! My suitcase is Jessica Simpson’s brand from TJ Maxx about 6 years ago. I love it!

Mazen played “airport attendant” for a good 30 minutes loading and unloading our suitcases into the trunk.

I said goodbye to him for the night when Matt came to pick him up for one last visit before we leave tomorrow morning.

Thomas and I went out to dinner to Tavola to celebrate his mom’s birthday!

We had mussels, and crusty bread, and white wine to drink.

I had the most AMAZING gorgonzola angel hair shrimp dish. Seriously, SO good!

And we shared a few desserts, including this delicious tiramisu and a flourless chocolate orange pie.

Hope you guys enjoyed a day of meals in real time! I really enjoyed it, and I hope to make this a weekly, or at the least bi-weekly, event. It’s nice to get back to the “what I ate” style! Stay tuned to tomorrow for a little “what I drank” review : )

The post Cubed. appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2oeNXmA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049