High Low High 19 + Last Week’s (Meh) Workouts

Hey, hey! Happy Monday, friends!

How was your weekend? Ours was really nice. It was fairly low-key, but we had plenty of fun too. Here’s a recap of our weekend via High Low High, which also includes my less-than-stellar workouts from last week. More on that in a minute. Ok, here we go with High Low High!

HIGH: I did CrossFit Open WOD 17.2 on Friday morning and linked together 15 T2B, which is a PR for me. Woohoo! I could barely do 2-3 linked during last year’s Open, so they’ve come a long way!

crossfit 17.2

LOW: Having 7 minutes left of the 12-minute workout to get, oooooh, zero Bar Muscle-Ups. ZERO!?! It was so disappointing. I got 3 BMUs in last year’s Open, so I figured I’d at least get a few, but it just wasn’t my day. Boo. Although, I’m not super surprised either since I hadn’t done a single one since last’s year Open. I didn’t even practice before 17.2, which was a dumb move for sure. Oh, well… onto 17.3!

HIGH: Sharing a donut with Qman after CrossFit. He picked a “chocolate donut,” and I made the executive decision to get one with sprinkles! #donutfriday

IMG_2545

HIGH: Going to bed at 8:45 PM on Friday night. Yeehaw.

HIGH: Feeling totally fine after 17.2 (not crushed like 17.1) and doing a fun workout at Salt Shack the next morning.

HIGH: Getting our grocery shopping done on Saturday, which (usually) helps me make healthier food choices throughout the weekend.

IMG_2587

HIGH: Finding Siete grain free tortilla chips at Whole Foods. I had heard such great things about them, so I was really excited to try them. And they definitely lived up to their hype! DELICIOUS!! Mal even said they were one of the best tortilla chips he’s ever tasted, and I absolutely agree.

IMG_2571

LOW: Not buying a second bag of Siete chips. We ended up using a mix of Siete and regular tortilla chips for Nacho Night, which turned out fine (hello, nachos), but the Siete ones were so frickin’ good, I wish we had more!

IMG_2596

HIGH: Brunch with friends at Trident on Sunday morning!

IMG_2646

The food and drinks were soooooo good! Oh my gosh, I love this place so much!! 🙂

IMG_2647

LOW: Overindulging at brunch and feeling kind of blah about myself afterward. (I honestly don’t think I would have felt this way if I had actually worked out last week!)

HIGH: Deciding to hit the gym for a workout and feeling so much better! 🙂 Here’s the running + kettlebell workout that I did.

IMG_2707

Last Week’s Workouts

Guys, I dunno what happened last week. Well, I do… it was a busy week, my motivation was low, and I had a million excuses for why I couldn’t squeeze in a workout. UGH, I hate when I’m “Excuse Girl.” She’s the worst. But, I guess it happens to the best of us at some point or another, right? And there’s no point in dwelling on the past, so I’m 100% back on track this week!

  • SUNDAY: Off
  • MONDAY: At-home dumbbell workout
  • TUESDAY: Off
  • WEDNESDAY: Off, but I met Greg Glassman (CrossFit founder)!
  • THURSDAY: Off
  • FRIDAY: Open WOD 17.2
  • SATURDAY: Salt Shack CrossFit

10 rounds:

10 Cal Row

8 Wall Balls

6 Man Makers #25

Question of the Day

When you fall off the exercise wagon, what ultimately gets you back on track? 

 

The post High Low High 19 + Last Week’s (Meh) Workouts appeared first on Carrots 'N' Cake.



from Carrots 'N' Cake http://ift.tt/2mtInfp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049