Not A Snow Day

We woke up to a very minor dusting of snow yesterday morning and, despite the fact that the roads were totally clear, school was cancelled. Hip hip hooray. (Don’t let the computer screen cloud my sarcasm!)

For breakfast I had the BEST overnight oats! I added a swirl of peanut butter INTO the oats the night before rather than on top, and it was so peanutty good! I also used quick oats instead of rolled, and I think they get such a great texture. Raspberries embedded throughout.

Mazen and I went to the gym mid-morning, where I did a workout and he socialized with his friends who all had the same idea. I hit up the elliptical, the sauna and the shower, and then we set off to have lunch with Matt.

Since Mazen usually eats lunch at school, he doesn’t get many opportunities to visit Matt at Ivy Provisions during the day for lunch, so this was a good day to go. Mazen got a tour of the walk in fridge, which he loved. He reported, “My daddy is the boss of the sandwich shop!” on the ride home.

He had a grilled cheese and kale salad (one of the few veggies he likes!), and I had the Superfoods salad with chicken on top. Needed to combine something cold with something warm!

Also, it was my first time having this flavor – very good!

After lunch we went to the mall for an indoor activity. First stop: the merry-go-round.

Followed by a haircut!

And then a little shopping.

These are not my favorite shoes, but I couldn’t resist because Mazen went ga-ga for them! They light up!

We stopped by Whole Foods for some dinner ingredients for tomorrow, and then we headed home where I had a warm mug of tea.

We invited the neighbors over to watch Moana in our basement after they raced laps on their bikes for a while. We all shared some Boom Chicka Pop – love that stuff!! They made a huge couch fort too.

Dinner was that awesome Blue Apron meatloaf with crispy potatoes and a kale salad. Loved this!!!

 

Did you guys watch The Bachelor on Monday?! Thoughts? It ended exactly the way I thought it would.

Also: who watches Nashville!!??? I am dying to discuss the latest plot events with someone who watches the show. I sobbed when I watched the last two episodes.

The post Not A Snow Day appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2nmRtLK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049