Super Healthy Hummus Pita Pockets

I haven’t been putting enough effort into eating healthy lately. Not that my meals have been totally unhealthy, but they’ve been more of an afterthought. So this week I just felt called to stock the fridge with super healthy things.

I practiced what I preach and filled the fridge with chopped veggies, easy proteins, berries, greens, and nutritious staples like eggs, yogurt, and kombucha.

With all that fresh produce at my fingertips, I found myself snacking on sliced peppers instead of chips while I made lunch!

I also made a batch of my favorite hummus. I used this recipe and just omitted the sweet potato, since I didn’t have that on hand.

With all that stocked in the fridge, I made this delicious little pita for a lunch date with T. The “recipe” was actually his idea. He said he used to eat hummus, pepper, cuc and sprout pitas a lot, so I did that plus banana peppers and mustard. Gotta have the spice!

I much prefer the wholewheat version of these pitas from Whole Foods, but they were all out so white it was.

Assembled and ready to go!

Ingredients:

  • As many slices of bell peppers, cucumbers, and carrots as can fit
  • 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
  • A spoonful of banana peppers
  • ~1/3 cup homemade hummus
  • Sprouts on top

This week has been very healthy thanks to a little advanced planning. Stock your fridge with the best choices, do a little prep, and you’re 80% of the way there!

The post Super Healthy Hummus Pita Pockets appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2nqP7vn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049