Darth Vader Piggypack

I wasn’t planning on publishing a second post today, but I had time + photos from my morning so in the spirit of this morning’s post, why not!? Thank you all for your comments and kind words. It’s crazy how many of you have been reading for so many years!

As seen above, I had a pancake, egg, and mango for breakfast. I used the Great Harvest pancake mix, and I guess I made one-too-many chocolate chip pancakes for Mazen because that silly boy found me while I was getting dressed and said (in his cutest grown-up delivery): “Mommy, you forgot someping in my breakfast. The chocolate chips. So I got them for you and put them back already.” He had gotten them out of the pantry, unscrewed the lid, poured a handful on his pancake and returned the jar to its spot. I wasn’t sure whether to be super proud of this independence or remind him that I am the chocolate gatekeeper!

I recently bought this bulletin board at Target (with these marble and rose gold push pins!!) and hung it in the kitchen to display M’s school calendars and other papers we might need to reference. He has decided it’s his new job to cross off each day with a marker now, and I’m pretty sure this task is the highlight of his day!

Darth Vader wanted to come to school today, and he was too big for the backback, so I tucked him into M’s shirt and he rode piggyback-style all the way there! It was quite the site with the R2D2 helmet to match : )

I spent the morning working and then went for a run around noon on the greenway with Gussers.

We walk/ran about 4 miles, and it was a hot one out there!! I think this was the reddest my face has been since last summer:

Post-shower lunch was a quesadilla with leftover roasted veggies mixed with some leftover chili beans from a Blue Apron dinner. The mole spice was SO epic that I must re-create this recipe! I love how they show you what’s actually in the spice blend on the website so you can make this dish again. (See it here!)

I’m going out to dinner tonight with a friend or two, so check Instagram for the dinner recap!!

The post Darth Vader Piggypack appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2qbxv4K

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049