Day Old

We are on our way home from a weekend at Bald Head Island. We had such a great time! I’ll be uploading my photos and writing posts to share over the next few days. With Mazen off on spring break, my posting schedule might be a bit unpredictable. But until then, here’s a post about my hair!!

There are certain things that are better the next day:

// Overnight oats.

// Chili.

// Writing that you’ve allowed to sink in and then edited.

….My hair has never been one of them.

For most of my life, I never went a day without washing my hair. When I was in high school my hair was finer and looked greasy after half a day. It’s thicker now (better diet?), and I am just now (at age 34!) starting to skip washing it a few days a week. I had always heard that this was good for hair, but in the past, I just couldn’t stand how it looked and felt the next day.

But recently, even without the help of dry shampoo, I have started to like the day after. When it’s washed, it’s silky smooth, but the next day, after being in a bun at night, it seems to have more texture and volume. I kinda like it!

I’ve been washing it on my harder, sweatier workout days (usually M/W/F) and skipping a wash on T/Th. If it does start to feel dirty, dry shampoo does the trick. This brand from Birchbox is my absolute favorite, but I haven’t tried a ton of them. Julie wrote a post reviewing a lot of different brands. I bought her favorite Living Proof kind from Ulta, but the nozzle doesn’t work, so I have to return it and get another one to truly give it a try. I also love not having to have wet hair after a shower in the winter. I imagine I’ll be washing it more often in the summer. Note: I do still shower every day!

// Tuna salad with relish and yogurt plus Red, Hot, Blues! //

Tomato sauce = another great day-old food! This one was made with ground turkey and served over spaghetti squash – an old favorite!

Tell me: how often do you wash your hair?

The post Day Old appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2nRLUnH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub