Dress For Spring

^^It’s almost time to bring out the outdoor furniture cushions! We have a deck off the master bedroom up on the top floor of the house, and I never go up there. Firstly, because it’s just a little out of the way (I don’t really want to carry coffee/wine/entertainment through my master to entertain when I have two other options), but also because it’s exposed to the street.

But since my friend Gina gave me a hammock stand she didn’t want anymore, I decided the upstairs deck would be the perfect spot to house it. Thomas has one of those “hang anywhere” kind of hammocks which you can loop around trees in the park, so that’s what I’m using now as a test to see if I should buy a bigger, more relaxing option or if the roof is still not a great place to hang out. We will see!

I read my book up there for a bit the other day and it was quite nice!

The warm weather has me so excited for bare arms and legs! It seems the main trends this spring are poufy arms, one-shoulder, off-the-shoulder, eyelet, lace, and denim.

I love this Renley dress for a spring wedding. Or this similar one with sleeves for when it’s still a bit cool out.

OK, J. Crew, if I wore this top I would get made fun of so much!! But this one is really pretty and in keeping with the eyelet and one-shoulder trends ; ) And I love this dress version, but I’m not sure that the style would look good on my frame.

For sporty events, I love anything Athleta or Title Nine because I can sweat in them and just throw them in the wash. Also, a lot of them have pockets! This Santorini dress is cute, and I love this ombre one too. Is ombre still in style?! And you can’t go wrong with a multipurpose black halter!

For the budget conscious, I love some of Old Navy’s spring items – this dress is casual and cute and I love the nautical stripes. I like the classic navy + linen combo in this one. And they have the one-shoulder trend too – for a lot less $!

I heard about Third Love on the Young House Love podcast, and I just ordered a bra to try! You only pay $2.99 in shipping and you get to wear and wash the bra for 30 days before you commit to the $68 purchase. It’s kind of like Stitch Fix but you can remove the tags and really live in the bra. I love the idea of getting to actually wear something around without tags before committing, especially something as personal to fit as a bra. I got the T-shirt bra (against Sherry’s advice!) because that’s what the bra finder told me to get, so I’ll let you know how it goes!! (I love that companies like Athleta and Title Nine will also take back worn and washed items that you don’t love – it makes me want to buy from them and trust them even more!)

On the little boy front, my Mini Boden catalog came the other day and I think I was more excited about these clothes for Mazen than my own! They are expensive but they are SO CUTE! Well made, too. M would just love these animal shirts (I think my mom is getting him one!).

But look at those gator shoes!! Perfect to wear on Bald Head, right?! They come in shark, too!

How are things warming up where you are?

The post Dress For Spring appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2oI58O6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub