Requiring A Deep Steep

We had such an all-American afternoon over here. Complete with kids coming in and out of the house, dyeing Easter eggs, a cookout with our neighbors, and a bath that required scrubbing off the dirt.

We are so lucky to have wonderful neighbors who have three kids about Mazen’s age, and they play together all.the.time. You know how people say that “our door is always open”? That’s how our doors are – kids come in, kids run out. It’s so nice!

I captured them surrounding our sweet mail lady, Miss Stephanie, who was probably thinking that she just wanted to do her job instead of answering 1,000 questions about mail from three little males. They are so sweet and cute though.

Meanwhile, I did mom things like unloaded the dishwasher. Here’s my method: first I tackle all the silverware. Then I take the big stuff out of the bottom (mostly plates and big bowls) and put it on the counter. Then I open the top rack (mostly glasses, mugs, small bowls, and tupperware) and put that all directly into cabinets. Then I load the dirties in. Then I close the dishwasher and put the big, clean stuff away. I do that in order of dislike to like, and preventive water drip!

Right after school I had an egg dyeing activity all set up for Mazen. He had been asking me if we could do some at home, so I surprised him. We like to keep things simple over here, so I wasn’t going to boil 10 beets to get 10 drops of natural beet juice dye. Found this kit for $1.50. (Gosh I want to use emojis SO MUCH – crying/laughing guy right here. Get with it, WordPress!)

You get what you pay for in life, and the “magic white crayon” designs didn’t do anything. But we still had a good time, and I’m pretty sure Mazen has these eggs on his night stand right now…

We joined our neighbors outside for a cookout for dinner. They grilled up veggies and sweet potatoes, veggie burgers and dogs, and bison burgers. I brought over a big salad.

The kids played. Hard. I managed to snap this picture before bath – can you see the dirt tears on his face when I said it was time to go home?!

But that’s nothing this stuff can’t take care of. My FAVORITE SMELL EVER! Passionfruit and Guava.

My day started early and it is far from over – I have one more social activity to attend! Check Instagram if you’re curious!!

The post Requiring A Deep Steep appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2pcrHdE

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub