There Must Be Something There

…That Wasn’t There Before. Da-daaaaa da-da daaaaa.

Happy weekend!! We tried a new restaurant today and went to see Beauty and the Beast so I figured I’d pop in to share like old times : )

First off I had a PB and banana with too much coffee before heading to ACAC for Afterburn. Such a rockin’ class taught by Claire today! Loved the choreographed dance moves at the end.

Sometimes I get worried about Mazen and feel guilty for dropping him off at Kids Zone, school or camp, but every time I go to pick him up he is having a blast! He’s such an extrovert. Here he is sandwiched between four (cropped out) friends with the biggest smile on his face. He did not want to leave until I told him we were going to the movies : )

After a quick shower we met our friend Jess at Mezeh at Stonefield for lunch. This was my first visit and my socks were blown off!

It was like a mix between Chipotle and Roots, a huge buffet of Mediterranean bowl toppings. You can choose between grains, greens or a mix, add proteins, toppings, sauces, the works.

I had kale and arugula with bulgur salad, chicken, carrots, pita chips, olives, spicy eggplant, dill-yogurt dip, and tzatziki and harissa dressings. I brought about half of this home – it was huge!

Also – look at the fun juice options!

After lunch we headed to the theater (aka the “feuter”) for the show. Traditional escalator selfie!

M loved posing with the Power Rangers and Batman. My little boy!

I LOVED the movie. Emma Watson was brilliant, and the whole show was magical. Loved hearing all of those great songs (I know every word and breath). The ending was definitely the best part! (I did think it was a little long overall, especially for Mazen). He wasn’t scared a bit. He isn’t easily scared though. When we got home I dusted off my old Beauty and the Beast soundtrack, and he is currently sleeping to the songs!

Dinner was a fun little meal that ended up being similar to my lunch – oops! Harissa chicken pitas with arugula salad and yogurt sauce with roasted carrot fries. (That’s cranberry juice, FYI!)

Tomorrow (Saturday) I am heading away for a night for a little girls trip. So pumped!!

The post There Must Be Something There appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2oSaVxu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049