Back To You, Bob, or My Media Day with Swanson

I can’t wait to tell you all about our weekend at the Outer Banks (and our news!) but I want to wrap up sharing my Swanson media tour first. I’ll be back soon with all the details : )

Thanks to Swanson Health Products for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.

I’m back today to share part II of my Swanson media trip! We had a day off in between our two big interview sets, and I took the time to work by the pool and relax a bit. These past two weeks have been super exciting but also very exhausting, and while I was very tempted to go to Universal to see Harry Potter World, I knew what my mind and body needed most was just a little time to unwind.

I also spent an hour working out in the gym (much needed!) and had this breakfast parfait by the pool for breakfast.

We had a mid-day lunch at an amazing little Mediterranean restaurant. My companions looking cool in their sunglasses! They look kind of like Snap filters don’t they!?

This warm feta dip with green peppers was SO epic! And I loved the cucumber salad.

I ordered falafel for lunch, which was a huge delicious portion covered in wonderful spices, herbs, and yogurt sauce. This was one of those times when I wish I just had a bigger stomach because it all tasted so good!

That afternoon we went to the studio to do a rehearsal and prep for the interviews, which were scheduled to start at 3 a.m. the following morning.

It was very neat to be in such a cool space, and I found it hilarious that my face was on 100 different TVs!

We went for an early dinner at Katsu-ya, a great little sushi spot that Mallory loved when she lived in L.A. We had an array of awesome dishes, but those popcorn shrimp were my favorite!!

We also tried crab cones – like a sushi ice cream cone!!

But the best part was the mochi ice cream! I had never had it before, and I just loved the doughy coating on the outside of the little balls!

I really wanted to watch the Survivor finale, but I knew I had to get some rest for our early call time, so I was asleep by 8:30 (not terribly hard to do since my body is still sort of on Eastern Time).

Bright and early the next morning we showed up at the studio for the media interviews to announce Swanson’s new line of probiotics. They had a lovely spread of breakfast foods in the green room…

…. including green room green juice!

I had yogurt and berries, juice, and a hard boiled egg throughout the morning.

And I’m not gonna lie – I had a few bites of these yummy donuts too!

While I got my hair and makeup, I was able to watch the Survivor finale! I won’t say more in case you guys haven’t watched it yet 😉

More of those great long lashes! It sure would be nice to have a makeup artist get me ready for all of my home events 😉 

Best face forward and ready to go!

For our interviews, I was set up in a kitchen, and we had a schedule of about 15 different media outlets to connect with. Imagine them saying “Today we have Kath Younger here to tell us all about Swanson probiotics and tips for healthy living this summer!” and cutting to the video of me in the studio where I said “Waaaaakkkke up San Francisco” a la Aunt Becky on Full House.

Just kidding : ) I went over the basics of probiotics, emphasizing the convenience, guaranteed freshness, and customized benefits of the Swanson line, and shared several tips for healthy living. I shared how I have been taking the Probiotics + Vitamin D, how Mazen loves the kids chewables, and how there are 14 different options across the three categories, so you can choose the one that’s best for you. For my healthy living tips, I talked about stocking your fridge with your favorite healthy foods, making green smoothies and eating vegetables throughout the day, getting plenty of sleep, and finding a workout routine you love (like an adult soccer team!)

Overall the interviews went really well, and I hope to have some links to share in the coming week or so! As promised in my last post, you can see my Access Hollywood Live interview HERE!

After the last interview I felt a huge relief though – so much pressure lifted off my shoulders! Looking back, like most challenging experiences we go through, I had a good time and felt proud for having the guts to do something that put me way out of my comfort zone.

Thanks to Swanson for sponsoring this post

The post Back To You, Bob, or My Media Day with Swanson appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2riUKgc

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049