From C-ville To Chi-ville

Boy it was a long day! I went from a creek-side run to the big city! Gus and I ran a fast 5K down the greenway and back, and I wrapped up all loose ends before leaving for the airport. Lunch was a quick sandwich with ham, manchego, pickles, jalapenos, and greens.

My flight was delayed a bit, but since the Cville airport is so nice I was able to sit and work on the free wifi for a few hours. Flying over Cville is stunning – all green hills and mountains. I love where I live, small airport and all! I love the concept of urban city living, but I am definitely a small town girl at heart.

Since when does American offer Biscoff!! That sure was a pleasant surprise!

The cab process went smoothly but gosh, Chicago, your traffic! It took me over an hour to get from the airport to my destination sitting in bumper to bumper traffic. I can barely handle the stoplights in Cville!

I honestly do not know how you guys live in big cities. I would be so overwhelmed with all of the good dining options that I would be food-poor and eat out every night. I would have to try them all!

We ate at Bar Siena, and it was fabulous! Burrata, shrimp and artichokes, brussels, salad – the were all so good!

And a figgy + truffle pizza!

For dessert we tried the famous donuts (Bomboloni) and gelato. Apparently there is a walk-up window called Bombobar where you can order these to go. Yet another reason I need to save big cities for travel! Those squeeze bottles were filled with chocolate!

Why am I hear you ask? I am working with Swanson Health to spread the word on their new line of probiotics! I’ll be heading to Los Angeles next week for an official media tour, but I’m here in Chicago doing some prep tomorrow. More details to come!! 😉

This weary traveler needs rest….zzzz

The post From C-ville To Chi-ville appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2pUS6sN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub