Kid-Friendly Lunch Buffet

^^ Loving my Mother’s Day vase Mazen made in school!!

I was up at the crack of dawn today to get my butt to Afterburn. ACAC moved my regular Friday mid-morning class to 6:30 am! I am hoping to go when I can, but gosh I don’t love getting up before 6. However, as you all know, it was totally worth it. Forty-five minutes of extreme jumping later, I was happy as can be!

Back at home Mazen was just waking up (Thomas was home getting ready for work while he slept) and we had Cinnamon Chip French toast with almond butter and lots of coffee.

I was thankful to have my workout over so I could spend the morning working on some things, and then I headed to the school to get Mazen plus two of his classmates for a playdate! Mazen has been excited for this all week, and now I am wishing we’d been doing it regularly the whole school year. He gave his friends a hilarious tour of our house (“This is the girls locker room” when showing them my bathroom sink) and then we all sat down to lunch.

I didn’t know what his friends would like, so I set out a buffet of things kids usually like instead of preparing plates for them. PB&J sandwiches, carrots, almonds, strawberries, pea pod snacks, and Babybel cheese. They gobbled it down! (Mazen acted as the waiter and served everyone from the bowls – haha).

“Johnny Appleseed” was sung before the eating began – “just like in school!”

I had some leftover salmon and broccoli from last night’s dinner and munched on a few of their sides for my lunch.

Afterwards they played fort and batman and silly games until the moms came to pick them up.

We are having the worst weather this weekend – cold rain. I do not plan on leaving the house again today!

Happppppy weekend regardless!!

The post Kid-Friendly Lunch Buffet appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2raBGOR

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049