Mother’s Day, With Love

Hope you guys had wonderful weekends! Mine was great : ) My mom is back from a trip to Italy, so I was able to wish her a happy MD in the same country, and my sister celebrated her first MD with Miss Emmie!

–> Top right was Larbs’s most awkward year, and I think bottom right definitely wins for mine!! LOL!

Our house started off the day with pancakes!! Sprinkles for a bit more excitement.

Thomas owns this big double-burner griddle, and I used it for the first time. It sure made pancake cooking so much easier! One batch and done.

My women’s soccer league invited me to join them for their spring tournament, and we had two games scheduled for Sunday. I couldn’t wait to play with just women again! It’s still very competitive, but the intensity is down a notch from co-ed with the guys.

Game #1 vibes:

I had an hour break in between games, so I went home just so I could sit down and have a snack. Peanut butter pretzels and a banana! #carbs

After game #2, I was exhausted! I drank a bottle of Gatorade and a whole Hydroflask of water but still felt dehydrated and headachey. Game two was hotter and tougher!

Snack on the ride home:

I took a much-needed shower and then Thomas and I got the house ready for his mom to visit for dinner. Mazen helped set the table. He is such a good helper boy!

Eileen brought these beautiful flowers from her garden <3

Thomas surprised us with the dinner menu, and put out my favorite appetizer – Saint Angel triple creme brie, fig spread and crostini. Plus olives and chips and red wine for the moms!

He grilled lamb and made risotto and asparagus. Delicious meal!

Mr. Mazen couldn’t wait for dessert because he and Matt made me this beautiful cake!

They are quite the cooking duo, and I couldn’t think of a more delicious Mother’s Day gift : )

Thomas and I finished Westworld last night. I’m not sure I really liked the ending all that much :/  Is there a season 2 in the making?

These next two weeks are going to be quite crazy for me – I am traveling to four different overnight locations! Three for work and one for pleasure, although all of them will be fun! I’m going to try to keep live blogging during my travels, but that might mean I skip a day or a post goes up at midnight eastern time. Guess you’ll be in for some surprises!

xoxo

The post Mother’s Day, With Love appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2qjU9Kb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049