She Said Sure By The Sea Shore

Actually she said “YES I would love to marry you!”

As I shared on Instagram, Thomas asked me to marry him over our long weekend at the Outer Banks!! We are both so excited! Here’s the story.

I flew into Richmond on Friday morning and made the journey back to Cville. I had one hour at home before we were scheduled to depart for the beach, so I frantically packed and unpacked and we hit the road. Our destination was the beautiful Sanderling Resort, which I can’t say enough good things about! The rooms were beautiful, the pool was epic, the beach was wonderful with the complimentary chairs and umbrellas, and the restaurants were awesome.

We headed out the beach to enjoy a beer and the sunshine. It was great to r.e.l.a.x.

We got dressed up for dinner and ate at the Lifesaving Station restaurant on the Sanderling property.

Burrata and tomato salad (they offered to split everything that we shared which is always much appreciated!)

Tuna with asparagus, arugula, quinoa. The sauce was awesome!

And this chocolate mousse cake for dessert πŸ™‚

We grabbed some breakfast from the resort bar and then headed to the grocery store for provisions for our mini fridge for the rest of the weekend, which was much more cost effective. We shared a bagel and this yogurt parfait. The coffee at the resort was really good too (and complimentary in each of the building lounges!)

We had wonderful weather for a day at the beach!

We had lunch each day at the Sandbar, the poolside lunch spot and bar.

We shared a caesar salad and a burger that first day.

Back to the beach all afternoon!

My only exercise for the week was to get 5 miles of walking in each day, which I think I did all but one per the Apple Watch. We usually did a long morning and an afternoon walk, so around 4pm we set out on our afternoon stroll.

We walked past this crazy driftwood tree sticking out of the sand in a spot clear of other beach-goers, and when I pointed it out, Thomas hung back for a second. (Reenactment photo!)

He bent down to pick up a seashell and said “hey look at this shell” to get me to turn around. When I did, he had the shell in one hand and opened his other hand to reveal the ring. As soon as I saw it, he dropped to his knee and asked me to marry him. When I think back on that moment now tears fill my eyes, but then I was all smiles! He had put the ring loose in his bathing suit pocket so I wouldn’t notice a box bulge. Thinking back I do remember some shorts shuffling and a visit up to our room….! The whole walk home we wore huge smiles on our faces as we talked about the planning and details that had gone into this day.

When we reached our chairs (and our phones) we took this photo <3

I absolutely love the ring he chose! It has a round center diamond a halo of tiny diamonds around it and along the sides.

We both couldn’t keep our eyes off of it all weekend as it sparkled through the sunshine!

But even more, I love what it symbolizes. I knew a proposal was in the cards, as we had talked about the future many times, but I didn’t know when or how. The timing of this weekend was just perfect because we had the rest of our stay to celebrate! I’ll be sharing more about our special celebration dinner and the rest of our trip in a post coming up soon : )

The post She Said Sure By The Sea Shore appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2rnuwJo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049