Sunday In Sports & Meals

^^Typical morning happenings. Note the laundry bag transportation and Star Wars chest tattoo!

We started the day with oatmeal in a jar!! It was quite chilly out, and warm oatmeal sounded like the perfect start. I whipped in some bananas, added chia seeds and cinnamon, and served it with the rest of this Sunbutter jar. I also stirred in a little powdered vanilla peanut butter, which totally took this over the top good!

World’s most appetizing photo –>

Did you notice my blog’s new redesign!?! I made subtle changes to the header and sidebar, but I am SO into them! For the longest time I was digging grays, marble, muted colors, watercolor, and subtle sparkle, but lately I’ve been in the mood to brighten things up. You guys have felt that shift, I am sure! I also brought back food photos in the header, something I ditched a long time ago when I was going for a cleaner look. Now I’m really liking them! Refer to this post to see lots of my old headers! #fullcircle

So that’s how I spent a good portion of my Sunday. I didn’t have plans to make any design changes, but it has always been one of those things where I decide to tweak one thing and get sucked in until I’m done. I might be tweaking more things later this week.

#newusesforoldthings –>

Of all the household chores, I think making a bed is one of my favorites. Most of the time I rotate sheets and put one set on right after taking the other set to the washer, but for the past three weeks, I’ve been so into my new set that I just wash them and return them to the bed.

I had a late lunch before soccer  a ham, cheese and pickle combo with chips. I don’t worry too much about eating veggies on Sundays because I get a lot of them the rest of the week. I choose meals that will keep me full without weighing my stomach down.

Here were my stats from my games  one warmup, one full game, one partial game. I think it’s interesting that if you told me I had to go for an 8.5 mile run I would say there is absolutely no way I can run that far. Yet I often hit double digit miles on Sundays. I think the key is the stop-and-start nature of soccer, so it’s not a consistent run and I get breaks.

This was our last game of the season, so we celebrated at Pro Re Nata afterwards. This is one of my favorite breweries, and they just added this awesome open-air feature!

I believe these are shipping containers, and they have an outdoor bar for easy beer access, an air-conditioned section for the summer, and lots of picnic tables and chairs. Very cool!

Cheers to a great season! Not our best, but not our worst either…

For dinner, I had this massive bacon burger from the food truck. I shared most of the bacon, but I pretty much devoured the rest of the burger. Delish!

That evening, Thomas and I watched the movie Lion. What a great film and a heart-wrenching story. All I could think about was sweet little Mazen being on his own like Saroo, and the fact that this was a true story makes it even harder to swallow. I definitely recommend the movie.

Hope your week is off to a great start!

The post Sunday In Sports & Meals appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2pscGBd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub