Weekend: Parties + Pearls

We are wrapping up one of those long weekends that feels like it went on forever! So rewinding back to Friday night…..we went to Tavola to celebrate a friend’s birthday.

They rented out the private room in the back for the occasion, and we had a special three-course menu with shared appetizers, a choice of entree, and dessert.

We technically paid for our dinner, but I loved how they organized everything for us  it felt extra special!

We had drinks in the bar before dinner began, and I had two glasses of vino throughout the night.

BURRATA!! This cheese is this beeest.

Plus there was a big plate of appetizers which we passed around. That gouda in the middle was my favorite.

I had the salmon for my entree, and Thomas had the pork both were excellent!

And I would expect nothing less than perfect tiramisu at Tavola, and that’s exactly what was served : )

 

Saturday morning we made waffles! T is quite the waffle expert, but I decided to throw some Great Harvest Pancake mix in the waffle maker and see what would happen.

Much to my surprise, they were great! Maybe a little tough compared to something from a restaurant, but since these were 100% whole grain, I loved them.

We went to the gym mid-morning and did a quick workout followed by a pool session with Mazen. For the first time, he really took to swimming and was letting go of us and swimming between us. Matt took him swimming again on Sunday and said he had started to swim underwater! #milestones : )

For Saturday lunch we made a bunch of quesadillas! Spinach + cheese + crème fraîche. (Blue Apron has turned me on to it over sour cream!)

Later that afternoon we got dressed up to go to a couple of parties. This crazy boy put on one of my dresses and helped me get ready. He was in a hilarious mood!

Mid flip!!

Who says you can’t play make-up with boys?!

(Also: his haircut is not an illusion. They really are that crooked. No, I didn’t cut them myself, and yes, I need to fix them somehow. I don’t think his stylist looked him straight on before we left the salon! I didn’t have the time or energy to turn around and do a second haircut. We will fix it soon!)

Our first party was at one of Thomas’s family friends waaaaay out in the country. They have a beautiful garden!!

One of Mazen’s favorite friends (who he doesn’t see very often) was there and they were just so thrilled to play together.

High five action!

After a few hours of chilly weather (brrrr!) we headed back to town to attend a Derby party with our friends Rosie and Kevin.

My two horses, Hence and Tapwhit, didn’t place, but it was still really fun to watch, especially after drinking this mint julep!

On the big screen  and the sun finally peeping out to watch too!

I didn’t capture any of my dinner that night, but I had a piece of fried chicken, Kentucky Hot Brown dip, lots of broccoli and waaaaay too many carrots covered in the best spicy pimento cheese!!

Recap of Soccer Sunday coming atcha this afternoon!

The post Weekend: Parties + Pearls appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2pVP1fN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049