Battle Of The Pancakes

We are having the most gorgeous morning!! It’s warm, sunny, and breezy – the best combination.

Last night I made Mona Lisa ravioli with a homemade sauce for dinner.

I used a can of San Marzanos plus dried herbs, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and spinach from our garden. Little a’this, little a’that.

Goat cheese on top!

Mazen has been on a summer schedule of staying up late and sleeping in, so I sent Gus in to wake him up this morning.

And I promised him pancakes for breakfast! I’ve been eating the Great Harvest pancake mix for years, and just recently saw Kodiak Cakes at Costco and thought I’d get a box for old time’s sake. Today was my first time making them again. So….how do they stack up? (HA!)

Convenience: Kodiak wins because it’s “just add water” (GH calls for eggs and oil)

Texture: Great Harvest wins because of oats and things. The Kodiak was almost gummy to me? Not necessarily bad, but the texture was a little unexpected.

Ease of cooking: Kodiak wins. The surface was so smooth without the oats that flipping was a piece of cake! The GH pancakes can be tough to flip if you don’t time the browning perfectly.

Ingredient list: Gotta hand it to GH for being the freshest you can buy. I didn’t know this Kodiak box had whey protein added when I bought it, which isn’t my favorite ingredient, but I guess it’s good for extra satiety.

Taste: Great Harvest by a hair. I think it’s the fresh flour. But the Kodiak’s buttermilk tang is damn good too, so it really was close!

Note the sprinkles. Mazen insists!

What’s your favorite pancake mix or recipe?

The post Battle Of The Pancakes appeared first on Kath Eats Real Food.



from Kath Eats Real Food http://ift.tt/2shUVIG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-Workout Coffee Protein Shake

Evernote Review: Your Digital Organization Hub

Lyme Disease, Protein for Women, Acid Reflux while Fasting | THRR049